What do you do instead of breaking NC?

Smurf03

5weeks since BU, 2 days into proper NC. Was feeling positive about it, but already I'm sensing NC is going to be easier said than done.

So, in the lowest points when you want to reach out to an ex, what do you do to stop yourself?

I'm inching in on 1 year post BU. And yes it's supposed to be difficult and painful, there is no way around the difficult times. However, with a lot of effort set forth in your behalf, the pain will eventually subside. When thoughts of reaching out used to inadvertently flood my mind I used to reroute my thoughts. I tried to play out what would occur if I did reach out, as the aftermath was never conducive. At some point I realized that this was survival and I had to do whatever it was that I needed to do. Hang strong remember that you are all that matters from this point forward.

• Like 1
learning_slowly

The only way I manage it is to think about the bad times. What did you not like about them? And think, next time, hopefully I'll meet somebody who is a better match for me.

Also have a rant on here :)

I found something to keep me busy, or like the post above think about the bad times and how bad it will be to break NC.

I think I'm over a year and a half NC, I've moved on and couldn't care less about her.

Its hard at first but you have to keep NC for it to get any easier or better.

• Like 1
smileforelena

From experience breaking NC is the worst idea. That kept me motivated to keep NC right after BU plus the anger and hurt and pain. Im starting over with NC (long story) but what I do (I work in the same place with ex) when the desire to start small talk comes I play something in my head. Whether its a song or a passage Im trying to memorize. If its one of those big time attacks I go out for a run or go for a sweat. The battle is in the mind so learn some tricks to trick your own mind.

• Like 1