Girlfriend left me for her ex, serious Depressing and its ruining my life

MichaelS91

This is my first time posting and I really don't know where else to turn. I tried taking advice from friends and family and nothing helped.

I'll keep it simple and straight to the point, my ex off only a few months, and I know it wasn't even that long, has left me for her ex who used to cheat on her and I don't know how but he got her to come running back and she believes he changed. Anyways I fell HARD for this girl I have never met a girl like her and I have dated many girls throughout the years and no girls had ever left me this depressed and heart broken in my life.

Its been 3 months since we broke up, I tried begging and all that crap at the start but eventually went no contact and its been this way for two months but every single day I feel so empty and heart broken inside and every time I'm at home I just cry constantly. I took advice from this forum, I went out kept busy, went to the gym hung out with friends and hooked up with loads of girls but nothing is helping, I have never felt so depressed in my life, nothing seems to matter to me anymore. My friends are worried and try talk to me and help me but nothing works I hate this feeling so much, I have dated girls before and became close but I have never had so much heartbreak from one girl in my life before, shes in my head 24/7 no matter where I am who I'm with or what I'm doing.

I really don't know what to do, there must be something wrong with me, I'm a person that never cries over anything but these last few months I'v been crying everyday constantly like a baby and I don't know how to stop it. I literally don't give a **** about anything, I feel so worthless and it sucks. I probably won't get an answer here but I tried everything else, hope someone here can say something that might help me even the slightest bit. Thanks if you took the time to read this.

What you're feeling is heartbreak everything you feel is normal the rejection, worthlessness feeling like all you can do is stay at home and cry, some of us dont get out of bed for days!

But its all normal there is nothing wrong with you, there is no answer or magic solution you just have to stay NC and heal over time all these horrible upset crying days will pass it gets better taking about it helps a lot on this site you'll find people suffering from just a few months all the way to years and years of marriage we all go through this you're not alone.

HeartDesires

Hi Michael,

Your feelings are typical of someone who is grieving a loss. You might go through various stages - anger being one of them...then your constant crying may end.

If you feel stuck in this depressive stage see your doctor.

Hugs to you Micahel. You are going through a terrible loss. Its heartbreaking. I know what you are experiencing. I had to take anti depressants and I even crashed my car while feeling so depressed.

All I can say is that time will dull the pain. Its a waiting game but you will stop crying one day.

We have all been there and pulled through

• Like 1
learning_slowly

I had a girl like that, left me got back with me. Then to her ex. I don't honestly know what I saw in her. But she was good in bed. Us men are fools. Go and be a fool over someone more deserving. Good luck.

VeronicaRoss

Michael, you're going through one of the toughest life experiences you or anyone will ever go through. Almost every single one of us have gone through it. It feels like your going crazy, right? It's a bizarre experience.

As I've written on LS before when my first boyfriend left me I sat on the floor of our former home for hours in a daze. I thought "All I have to do is sit here, the floor will hold me up." That's all I had the presence of mind or strength to do. I've been through a lot in the 30 years since then, but never anything like that. It gets better. You have some good friends, people love you. Another young woman will be crazy about you too.

My husband who prescribes and treats people all day long for psychiatric problems says young men going through what you are right now-- your first romantic breakup -- are the most likely to commit suicide. The ones that commit suicide haven't done what you are doing -- reaching out and letting others know how they're feeling and getting support. So you are actually doing the things that will eventually get you to the other side. I'm saying that you so you know that the intensity of what you're feeling, including the despair is completely normal and OK. A lot of it has to do with how intense our hormones are at that age. Also young guys tend to act in ways that are definite and follow through, so if you are feeling suicidal, stay away from weapons and go be with other people and just feel like crap instead. The next woman in your life is counting on you to get through this! :)

You may need medication to help get out of this, seeing a psychiatrist is a good idea for an evaluation. So if you aren't having a mix of better days that give you hope, reach out there too. Doesn't mean you're crazy. Depression can become a physical groove you could need help to bump out of.

• Like 1
redbaron005

You're at the hard 3 month point. I recommend:

Traveling

Therapy

Time

Be strong. You can make it through this.