How long does it take to realize a mistake?

How long would you say, that it takes to realize what you had and how great it was.

If you've dated someone amazing, and broke up. Dated others, how long months, years?

dudesomewhere

and thought I was what you described...it would be appoximately 500 years...give or take 2

:D

I think immediately,in my exper. B/C it is too hard to really get into someone else and you don't really enjoy it,you are just going thru motions.

ThisGirlNameKD

It depends on the person. It took my ex 3 years before he realize he had a good thing in me. But I wasn't interested when he tried to come back.

I put a similiar post on thread on here a couple day ago and i ddint really get too many replies. However i came to a conclusion because that is really a question no one can answer. I have many friends that have broken up several times with there exes and have gotten back together. One guy i worked with had broken up one time for six months, one time for like 5 months and one time for a whole year. A whole year of absolutely no contact at all. He said there was an ocassional(very ocassionall) hi, but that was it. No he is happily married to this girl. They dated evry since senior year in high school. Some people break up and get back right awy. I have seen this too, but that seems to not work out as much. Thats jsut my opinion so please dont let it offend anyone. I feel that when two people break up it is a time where you need to figure out what you want out of life, your goals,your desires, etc..and then you can figure out who you want to be with. It is also a time to do some serious soul searching. I know it sucks to think of an ex out there dating other people. It makes your stomach turn. However i have seen many times that they think that the grass is always greener out there and that they end up being completely wrong. Sometimes that is what it might take. I feel that age has alot to do with it as well. People change so much from ages 22-28 that it is sometimes hard to have a solid relationship. Just because the relationship might not be working with two people it does not mean that they do not love each or our not inlove with each other. It just means that right now, today, things are not working. It is very important though to let go of that person at the right time. It is hard and i knwo because i ahve finally had to do that with a girl that i love more than anything. However remember you can never get something back unless you loose it first. So i hope i helped answer the questions about how long it takes. Nobody knows. Not your ex and not you. Only fate will have that answer. So remember if you hold onto to tight and never let it go, it will never be able to coem back to you. This may take months or even years but remember deep down ask yourself. " Do you want it to come back nomatter what, or do you want it to come back only if it was meant to be"

confusedmind

i love kodiacs reply.... i agree with it 100%!

btw... i'm going through exactly the same thing at the moment. i have to let go and try and forget about my ex... the only guy that i've ever fallen for. it is so hard and the pain and hurt i feel is truly hard to deal with, but i know that i have to do it. its the best thing for myself, and thats what is going to get my through it.

good luck.