My closest guy friend kissed me... and now I'm confused.

Ici Ixi

Hello,

A couple nights ago my high school had a dance. I wasn't sure I wanted to go because I didn't know who else was going... but my best friend convinced me too. So, since I was going I figured I might as well get others to come. So I convinced one of my guy friends to come along too, because my best was there with her boy friend so I knew for part/most of it she'd be with him and I'd need someone else I could go to when she was "busy". Anyways, so I convinced him to go and it was actually pretty good. A lot more people I knew, and friends went then I'd thought, but I was glad I'd brought my friend too. During slow dances we'd dance together... just as friends.

You see, him and I are pretty close, I've always been able to tell him a lot and everything. I'd go to his house for lunch while my friends stayed at school in the cafeteria because I usually got left out of anything going on there, and this way I could watch TV and stuff :).

Well, so the dance was a lot of fun... this friend and I'd dance with other friends and together and stuff, but then for a long period of time they only played music neither me nor him liked so we just sat down and watched and talked 'till they played stuff we liked again. Actually, he really wanted to go home... he was bored and was done at the dance since the music was sucky and it was hot and stuffy in there. Well, of course I didn't want him to leave because I knew once he left I'd be completely alone and bored. I kinda convinced/made him stay. Then they started playing a bit better music again so we got up and danced some more. As it got closer to then end of the night they played more slow songs, so I danced with him. While we were dancing I thanked him for coming tonight, because he really hadn't wanted to and I'm pretty sure he only came 'cause he knew how much I wanted/needed him there. So I thanked him and gave him a kiss on the cheek, like I often do when my friends do something for me or whatever. Well, when I kissed him on the cheek he seemed to like... I don't know... like, enjoy it I guess you could say. I didn't think much of it, and we continued dancing. I kinda leant back so I could see his face and started telling him something and he just started kissing me. Well, I was completely SHOCKED!!! I did not expect that AT ALL... but the thing is, this friend... I've kinda had a HUGE crush on for the past... 6 months. So, of course I kissed him back. For 2 reasons, 1: didn't want to make him feel stupid, and 2: let him know... I actually DO like him. Well, it lasted for a long time... it was really awesome. The we stopped and he hugged me really tightly then told me he was going to go since it was almost over anyway, and he really had wanted to go home an hour before then. So, I gave in and let him go home... and just kinda watched him leave.

That night I couldn't stop shaking. I was having a hard time breathing after that... I couldn't help it, I didn't know what was wrong with me. That'd never happened to me before when I'd ever kissed anyone else. But then again, I also know I like him more then I've ever liked anyone else... even people I've dated.

Well, so I went to school the next day terrified, didn't know what would happen. I went to his house like always and we both acted completely normal, neither of us brought it up... except, even though we were acting all normal, it felt a little awkward. My friend (a guy) talked to him during their gym class, said he saw us and asked him why. He responded "spur of the moment", he also told my friend that now he had 2 options, 1: discuss it with me, or 2: not mention it at all... and he told my friend he was choosing option number 2... but he didn't say why. Well, all day I had been kinda down because I figured he like regretted kissing me or something. Then at the end of the day when my friend told me that... my heart sank.

On the Internet I was talking to him last night (the night after the dance) and we of course again didn't mention anything about it but he was acting like nicer to me then he usually does. His name had "WHAT DO I DO!?!?" on the end of it on msn, when a friend of mine asked him about it he didn't answer but he changed it, took the "what do i do" part off. When I asked him about it he just said nothing, and that it was sorted out now... or something, but it really did seem like he was lying.

Well, so here is my problem: I've REALLY liked this guy for the past 6 months and finally he does something so it seemed he likes me too, but now he doesn't want to talk about it or anything, and I'm afraid he regrets it and all. How can I be sure he actually MEANT and WANTED the kiss and wishes something more will come from it? Should I talk to him about it, or just leave it alone? If I do talk to him about it, what should I say? Another problem is I know he thinks dating at our age is stupid 'cause you can't like go anywhere or do anything... so even if he DID like me (which I'm thinking is a no :( ) He wouldn't want anything to happen until like, 2 years from now. By then it could be too late.

Please help me, I'm SOOOO confused, and I'm crying alot about all this too, I don't know why. Your input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you.

Ici Ixi

if i were you, i'd talk to him about it. if he's brave enough to kiss you, he should be brave enough to explain his position to you. likely, he's confused too, and perhaps if he sees that you like him back, it'll sway him one way or another ;)

good luck,

-yes