The road to happiness in 4 months.

lovesickpuppy

lovesickpuppy

Hey fellow love shackers, don't know if any of you will remember me or what I went through back in Aug/Sept..just in case, I got dumped by text, the ex then went off to have sex with underage girls, rubbing it in my face, pestering me constantly, breaking me up inside and I was an absolute mess...

Well - today could not be much different!! I've done a total 360 and I've never been happier if I'm honest, so I came to share some good advice with you, some might not be that good but I'm hoping I help someone at least!

The first step for me was removing him off social networking sites, I was no longer tempted to stalk him, seeing loads of girls he'd became friends with really didn't help as I'd constantly have that sick thought in the back of my mind 'oh someone else you're sleeping with'

I then stopped visiting this site, I know that's horrible, but reading all the posts gave me hope, sometimes made me sad and sometimes just broke me up inside, I was clinging on to him returning to me like nothing had ever happened and these posts about second third and 100th chances really made me cling on!

I started to focus on the most important thing in my life...ME!!! I passed my driving test, I got a new car, I got a new job as a flight attendant, something I'd always wanted to do, but never tried because I thought it would damage my rship at the time! I spent more and more time with my friends, spent time alone watching loads of programmes namely Masterchef (I LOVE) and Panam :p spent time doing the things I enjoyed and completely forgot about how lovely it was sometimes to be alone!

I basically went N/C also, I haven't spoken to him for 3 months now, and trust me people, it works! I moved on, I am ready to start a fresh, he rarely crosses my mind, if he does it's because he's contacted me...begging for forgiveness! I know - who would have thought it right? But that's the thing, I'm gone now, and ready to meet a real man, that will appreciate me...I'm a great person and I know this now, don't ever tell yourself that you're not worthy of anyone, you are all incredible people!

So you people out there, crying yourself to sleep, having those niggling thoughts..STOP!!! Think about this now girlies and gents, you're amazing, you're worth more than this, you all have your own amazing unique qualities, and one day you will find someone that appreciates those qualities!

Once you get to this stage, I can't even express in words just how good it feels, I wanted to shout and scream about how great I felt!!

Focus on yourself guys and girls, do something different today, do something you've always wanted to do..let them be the reason you're now better than ever. I never thought I'd do it so quickly, but the minute you realise they're not all they cracked out to be - you'll be well on your way!

Oh, and please don't give into their 'breadcrumbs' they mean NOTHING. Until the day they are literally on your doorstep hysterically begging for forgiveness and moving mountains, don't you DARE give in!!

Take them off that **** stained pedestal they're on, and take a good look at them! I know for one, my ex has gone down the ****ter to put it nicely, and you know what? Maybe he wasn't that incredible after all?

Best wishes everyone, I hope you all find strength one day...SEE THE LIGHT :D it's beautiful!!! If anyone needs advice, please feel free to contact me :)

• Like 1

Great to hear you've turned your life around. It gives us all hope. These kinda posts are great read. I've been 3½ weeks NC now and as crazy as it sounds it's helped. I havent cured but i'm at least better than when she dragged me along for 4 months saying maybe... I know things I gotta do to make myself accept myself but what if I still don't attract people to me? I know I'm giving out so much negative waves right now that I don't blame people not wanting to know me.

• 3 years later...
  • Author
lovesickpuppy

Going through a break up right now, reading my own advice is so weird... And yet it's the most comforting thing I've read or been told since Saturday's break up..

• Like 1