Is this messed up?

Username37

I'll make this short

Parents, ex, and ex's new boyfriend attend a show that I was in

She INTRODUCES her new bf to my parents. I honestly find that pretty messed up. What do you guys in LS think?

If your parents know the ex well and saw her at the show, and they went to say hi to her, she has to introduce him. If she goes to say hi to them, and they have a good reception to them, she will introduce him, its just bieng polite. You shouldnt let it bother you.

• Author
If your parents know the ex well and saw her at the show, and they went to say hi to her, she has to introduce him. If she goes to say hi to them, and they have a good reception to them, she will introduce him, its just bieng polite. You shouldnt let it bother you.

I guess, but at the same time, I find it to be a bitch move on her part. As her rubbing it in my face or something. Now my parents won't stop comparing him to me and ****.

I guess, but at the same time, I find it to be a bitch move on her part. As her rubbing it in my face or something.

I'll echo Eddie's point that unless you know the circumstances of the introduction, you can't draw that conclusion. If they ran into each other, then simple etiquette dictates that she should introduct him, otherwise it's very awkward.

Now, it's possible that she was rubbing it in your face, and it's just as possible that she had NO intention whatsoever of rubbing it in your face. You can't draw a conclusion from the basic fact of there being an introduction.

Now my parents won't stop comparing him to me and ****.

Hey now, if that's your real problem here, then that it 100% on your parents, not on your ex. That represents an insensitivity on THEIR part, and is no reflection on the actions of your ex. Be honest with yourself and keep the blame where it belongs.

What kind of parent openly compares an ex's new boyfriend to their own son????? I mean, I honestly find that pretty messed up.

collegeguy_24

I've been with Username37 since the beginning, or close to, and just from what he posted I can honestly say it is something his ex would do by rubbing his face in it.

But also at the same time unless you know the circumstances of the introduction you cannot be 100 percent sure.

Now as for the parents, them comparing you to her new BF is out of line. Let me tell you something my friend, my parents started comparing my new GF with my ex, and I found it awkward and annoying. Despite my asking them nicely they kept it up. It wasn't until I told them to drop the subject for good, or I would drop them, that they finally listened.

It also helped I had a steak knife in my hand as well.

I think you need to be blunt, upfront, and tell your parents to stop it, now. Ask for it first, then demand it.

yea, my mom and sister do the same with me and the other guy. I've followed Username37 for a long time too and I think it's his ex being *****.

But, just like everyone else said, it depends on the situation. If they bumped into each other than I can understand that. If she went straight to them to introduce him, then she's a *****!

• Author

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess it would be awkward if they bumped and my parents were wondering who that guy was.