I could use a hug right now

Iamhappy

I've been having a tough time of it the last few days.

I'm not going to repeat my story.

It's just that today, I had an urge - a very very strong urge to commit suicide. I tried a few months ago, but I was unsuccessful - a failure.

So I called my therapist and we talked. I can't seem to get the ex or what has happened between me and the ex out of my mind. I've been sleeping a lot and crying a lot. I've lost 5 lbs the last few days. Just don't have the desire to eat at all.

The therapist thinks it's time for medication to step in. I think so too. I can't go on living like this.

I could really just use a hug from someone right now.

Hi......

You need hugs? I got hugs! Are you ready? Here we go............

HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG AND A KISS ON THE CHEEK, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG AND A PAT ON THE BACK, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG. HUG, AND THIS IS ALL THE WAY FROM TORONTO, CANADA, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG WITH MY HAND ON YOUR HEAD, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG WHISPERING THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER WITH TIME, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG,HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG, HUG AND A KISS, I KNOW THINGS WILL BE BETTER SOON, ONE LAST HUG....MMMMMMMMAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH.

Is that enough hugs for ya?

Keep smiling, it makes your heart happy!

Bubbles :)

Hey,

Why are you alone? I don't get it, there must be someone - even someone who knows nothing about your situation that you could just sit and have coffee with? Talk over maybe some recent events - in the newspaper. Anything hon, anything at all - go to a park watch the kids play. You must get up and make your bed!

Bubbles.

here's a hug ... *hug* ... now go someplace that has kittens or puppies, like a pet rescue or animal shelter and go get some love. It's free, it's cute and you'd be helping those little critters by giving them attention. who knows? you may end up with a new roommate, if things work out!

Here's another hug for you. And you're not "nothing" and you're never alone. There are people all around you. And we're here to talk to. And please go see your therapist as soon as possible. Or call a hotline and talk to someone. There are lots of people who have been where you are right now. Everything in life is temporary. It WILL get better.

One more HUG!

(((((((((((([color=blue]HUG[/color]))))))))))))))

I would definitely go for the meds. They can 'unstick' thoughts like yours when you end up in an endless loop. Do NOT leave this planet - we need you! And there are always people here - you are definitely not alone.

• Author

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my posts and for sending me hugs.

I'm alone right now because everyone else I know is at work.

I just returned from abroad about two weeks ago. I've been away the last three months in an attempt to put physical, mental and emotional distance from all that's happened. As you all know, that didn't work.

At the moment, I am unemployed. My occupation right now is that of grad student. I'm currently working on my doctorate, the progress of which has sadly suffered.

I do have friends and family to talk to, but they're not always readily available - physically or emotionally.

Today was a real tough day for me, but I consider it a success. I made the choice to live.

*big hug*

you'll be fine. pick up a copy of "feeling good" by dr. david burns. it helped me through your situation.

keep yourself busy, and remember that time heals everything.

god never closes a door without opening a window! you'll never be given more than you can handle....

also, congratualtions on making it through...

CompletelyLost

*Big Hug*

Keep choosing to live, every single day ! I read your other post in the "Making a list" thread, and you need to just keep taking it one day at a time - be as positive as you can, try to spend as much time as you can with true friends, and get as many hugs as possible :) If you can't be with friends or family, you always have friends here that will give you help, or advice, or just a hug when you need it. Keep your head up, you WILL make it through this !

:) Here's another HUG and a smile!!

A good friend of mine went through a deep depression in January. She ended up in the hospital but made it through in the end. She's now seems happier than ever before.

I agree with the other postees above...spend time with friends and family. If they aren't available, go somewhere where you're around people that you might talk to. A coffee shop perhaps?. Or, go spend some time with kids, they always brighten life up. Go to the park and even just watch kids having fun....it's catching.

Hug ...HUG...HUGGGGGG. Feel better!

d1410

AND MORE HUGS.

You've been given such great advice from other posters already that I cannot add to it.

I have one request...please change your name to "Iamsomeone".

• Author

Thank you for showing me such compassion.

I am both humbled and in awe that so much kindness and support could be extended to a faceless stranger.

I will not let your good wishes for me go to waste.

I started the medication today - to help me get unstuck. It will be a long and arduous road. More trips to the therapist.

It's going to be tough, but I'm going to stick it out.

my_mother's_daughter

Give it time, and re-visit the responses you have received here when you need a lift.

Most people at some time experience a 'bleak' period, getting through it is not only possible but, as a favourite saying of mine goes: what doesn't break you, makes you stronger.

Good luck. You know what? You're going to be OK.

xxx

And this is why I enjoy visiting LoveShack at its best - people being kind to one another. Does my pore ol' heart good :)

I'llBeBetterOFF

Here is another ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

:bunny: I will pray that whatever is weighing so heavy lifts! Try to think of better times and good memories to pull you through. Nothing or no one is ever worth sacrificing your life EVER! You are unique and your life is full of purpose.

If you need someone to talk to please feel free to send me a private message and I will respond.

I hope you are trying to get needed rest and eating as corny as that may sound there is a lot of truth in it!

From the Heart!!!

XOXOXO