Working to get him/her out of your mind

So exactly what are you doing to help you to move on? I find that there are some activities that help and some that just remind me of things.

I found i need to be constantly moving to forget about it but then later when i'm alone and with my thoughts they come crashing down on me all over again.

So far walking and Frisbee Golf are the two things that have helped me. This forum has helped too but she still weighs heavy on my mind. I want my sanity back.

What are you doing to ease the pain or to help you forget about stuff? I found the worst part about moving on is having to do it.

Any thoughts?

I have a few.......

Get into the flow of something that you love doing,

for example when I was finishing my last quarter in college going through a rough break up I would put so much focus on reading and doing things that would absolutely take my mind off- and it was to the point where I was so tired that I couldn't think of her.

another thing to do is to take off, go somewhere for a few weeks or an extended wknd-

meet new friends on chat rooms that have support for people who have been through break ups, MSN has a break up support chat room where I'm a member and have meet 3 good online friends around the country:)

punch

you would be amazed at some of the things ill find myself doing. ANYTHING at all. shop, redecorate my apartment, work out, talk to friends and family, read books, drive places.....etc. good luck. find what you love and do it.

michiganmale27

Well,

I just came back from walking for about an hour and a half. you have no idea the amount of reflection you can do while walking in the park. You never know, you even might see a girl walking in the park that might smile and say hi to you as well. Walking is a great stress remedy, and in my case a good source of losing some weight.

Whatever you do, make sure you get out of the house/apartment for the majority of the day. You will drive yourself insane if you are stuck inside by yourself.

The support thing in here/chat is a great source of stress releif as well, as you can tell everyone whatever is bugging you and we will always be here to listen and support.

• Author

Yes i found going for a walk helps A LOT!! There are times where i've even come to grips with "things" just from one single walk. I especially like taking them at night when it's warm out and everything is so quiet and still.

I've never been one to go for a walk either. I just found out recently how much it helps and recommend it to anyone who's been sitting in their house stewing.