It's weird I'm not as sad, but I'm anxious!

So, it's been 5 month since I broke up with my ex, over a month NC. I have made a lot of progress over the last month (for me it's pretty clear now the only way to truly heal is NC). I no longer wish to get back together with her, and I'm not depressed (for the most part). I feel motivated and confident to go out and live my life. However, i get anxious everytime I think about her, which is still everyday unfortunatly. Part of it is because I think she's seeing somebody else but I'm not 100% sure. I think I would feel better if I knew for sure she was seeing somebody else...So my question is, is it normal to get this feeling of anxiety during the healing process after the heavy sadness is gone? Or am I going backwards?

I'd like to know this as well. I'm super anxious whenever I think about my ex. I feel anxiety way more often than I do sad, and we've only not spoken/been completely over for 3 1/2 weeks. It's strange.

I am sorry to be harsh but they ARE very likely seeing someone else. I know my ex is. I know for sure and that is no easier, but it does not let you exist in limbo like you guys are. It sucks and it is the worst thing in the world that it went so off the rails but there it is. I am as sad as I have ever been about a relationship that it went so wrong, it is a terrible blow. PLEASE just try to exist with the pain for a while but then let it go.

With me, I did not feel sad at first, I felt anger and anxiety over all the uncertainties the breakup (after 30 years) had caused in my life. Once our dissolution was final I felt really good, a lot of the anxiety was gone, but over the next few weeks sadness and loneliness crept in and hit me like a ton of bricks - then the anxiety returned - damn.

Its a strange emotion ride huh? About a week ago I was saying to myself "You know what, I'm okay and I'm finally over her" but this past week I've been holding myself back from sending her an email!

I personally found it harder emotionally once I confirmed the other guy (photos of them together) but much easier to keep up NC.

Once I found out my ex was seeing someone else 3 weeks after my breakup, I couldnt sleep at night. Mostly because I didnt get a chance to find someone new myself. I would advise you to STOP thinking about if your ex is involved. It might make things worse. You dont see it now, but it might be too late if you do. It might set back your progress. She is not with you, thats all the closure you need. You should channel some of that energy into finding someone new since youve made this much progress so far. Youve done this well thus far, dont relapse!