LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Is a Happy New Year text ok after 3 months of NC?

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2007, 2:37 PM   #1
Established Member

I am thinking of sending my ex a Happy New Year text tomorrow night.We are split up 3 months and I have been in total NC.Does it seem a good idea or am I going to set myself back in the healing process? What if she is hoping I send her a text and I don't?
Any opinions would be very welcome
bustertypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 2:42 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustertypsy View Post
I am thinking of sending my ex a Happy New Year text tomorrow night.We are split up 3 months and I have been in total NC.Does it seem a good idea or am I going to set myself back in the healing process? What if she is hoping I send her a text and I don't?
my suggestion would be to not send a text - something to motivate you, after three months of not communicating, one text and you start all over again get my point. good luck.
mistieyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 2:44 PM   #3
Established Member

You come this far, don't do it! If you don't get a response back, it's really going to set you back. Start the New Year off good and not depressed.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 2:53 PM   #4
Established Member

Let it go, let it go, let it go.

Don't text.
Blue Eyed Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 3:39 PM   #5
Established Member

I really don't suggest doing that. I think it'll really set you back!
Old 30th December 2007, 4:18 PM   #6
Established Member

No, it's not ok. And no, she's not hoping to get a text from you on new year's.

Start the new year off by resolving to LET GO of your ex. If she wanted you, she'd still be with you.
norajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 4:23 PM   #7
Established Member

No. I didnt text or call my ex on christmas. And guess what?? She never did anything either. So let it go. Dont do anything. The new year is a great time to make a committment to move on and put the ball in their court so you can start over.
niceguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 5:13 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustertypsy View Post
You're gonna feel like crap if you do this. Its over cowboy. 3 months of NC and you wanna set yourself back to your break up day?

No Foolin

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t56954/
No Foolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 5:29 PM   #9

Journal Entries: 2
Who did the breakup?

Before saying NO, DON'T DO IT!!! What is your motivation for such actions? Really what are the reasons?

Just to say Happy new years is not a good reason.
Just to say anything is not really a good reason.

If you dumped her and want contact to reconcile and risk it; then by all means do it. Do know you are taking a risk...

Have you two improved on yourselves, any changes for the better? If you are lonely and seeking a reason then don't contact her. Plus a SMS text message is kinda weak.

I'm not giving you any hopes but second chances rarely work, not impossible but rarely work.
jerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 5:55 PM   #10
Established Member

I would send the text just to say happy new year! Ive had grudges against people, had break ups and if s special holiday like x mas, birthday, or new year came around I would at least say that much. Even though its no contaact no one likes to love knowing that they have eenemies in the world and know that someone out there hates them to the death.. at least I dont. You never know they might say happy new year to u first.. and if they do will you not respond!

I say send it!
Old 30th December 2007, 6:01 PM   #11
Established Member

Journal Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy27 View Post
No. I didnt text or call my ex on christmas. And guess what?? She never did anything either. So let it go. Dont do anything. The new year is a great time to make a committment to move on and put the ball in their court so you can start over.
I am soooooooooooo with Niceguy on this one. I didn't contact my ex on Thanksgiving or Christmas, and guess what? He didnt' contact me either.

Let her go. You're better off. Contacting her will more than likely ruin your new year and set you back from the start.

Start the new year on the right foot, the foot going forward, not the foot desperate to go back.
Old 30th December 2007, 6:07 PM   #12
Established Member

After three months of no contact, I think you shouldnt mess it up.

How are you doing though? After the past three months..

I wish i could help you out but I have never done the no contact thing with my ex. Well I tried, anyways... We still talk ocassionally though. However I dunno if i should send him a "Happy New Year" text tomorrow when the clock strikes twelve either..
s_n_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 6:08 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECANDY000 View Post
I would send the text just to say happy new year! Ive had grudges against people, had break ups and if s special holiday like x mas, birthday, or new year came around I would at least say that much. Even though its no contaact no one likes to love knowing that they have eenemies in the world and know that someone out there hates them to the death.. at least I dont. You never know they might say happy new year to u first.. and if they do will you not respond!

I say send it!
Hey Candy thank you for the positive reply,I do truly appreciate it.I do fully understand your view on holding grudges.I am lucky in so far as I was brought up to never hold grudges.

But I am looking at the other replies and I think logically and for MY good they are saying don't do it.I think they are right.If I sent her a text it would be in the hope that she replied positively and in that case I am leaving myself vulnerable to hurt.I have to put me first for a change and refrain from doing it.Afterall she ended the relationship,so the ball isn't in my court.I do thank you for your positive support though.
Old 30th December 2007, 6:13 PM   #14
Established Member

Bustertypsy,

I think you should do what makes YOU happy.

At the end of the day, the replies on here are all based on all of our past experiences.

I think things could go either way. It COULD be good or it COULD be bad.
s_n_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 6:23 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_n_d View Post
After three months of no contact, I think you shouldnt mess it up.

How are you doing though? After the past three months..

I wish i could help you out but I have never done the no contact thing with my ex. Well I tried, anyways... We still talk ocassionally though. However I dunno if i should send him a "Happy New Year" text tomorrow when the clock strikes twelve either..
After 3 months I am doing okay,but am still suffering.I think I am particularily emotional because of the time of year.I know once I get past the New Year I can look forward to better times.
It's hard for me to say you should text him at midnight cos I don't know your circumstances,but as advised here,you're probably better off not doing it unless you sincerely mean it,rather than hoping it will lead to a reconciliation.