10 years and still coping

Jackieblue

:( Hello, It's been 10 years since I've been backstabbed by a couple of friends of mine. and I'm still coping.

I've met my friend at a party in 1989 and we became very good friends.

We go out places, sometimes she invites me to sleep over her house.

I met her other friends and blended in.

A few years later I met this other girl through my first friend. We also became very good friends. She also invites me to sleep over her house. Sometimes she gets so moody that she doesn't want to talk to anyone. My other friend told me we should leave her alone for a while until she's better enough to talk to people.

One day my friend told me she was feeling better because she spoke to her on the phone, so I gave her a call, but she hung up on me. I didn't know what was going on, I thought I might have did something wrong. I tried calling her again a few times but she wouldn't answer the phone.

My other friend tells me she doesn't want nothing to do with me anymore because I have nothing in common with her, which doesn't make any sense. Then all of a sudden all my other friends turn on me. That disdurbs me so much that I decided to avoid them.

I was so upset that I started getting very depressed. I had to go see a doctor. I tried going to support groups, none of them helped. I wasn't getting any better. I was getting a lot worse.

I got very angry, I started going into rages, I was crying a lot, isolated myself, developing low self esteem, having suicide thoughts, became bitter towards my family and other people.

I'm suffering from depression because of it. I had to be on medication to keep me from having a nervous breakdown. I still have no friends. All I have now are 2 cats I love very much, an e-mail pal and I have a boyfriend I met 5 years ago.

I Still get depressed sometimes when I think about what happened years ago. I've learned who my friends really are. Now I don't know if I could trust anyone again after the experience I had ten years ago.

It's sad you're still struggling with what happened 10yrs ago. Did they ever tell you why they decided not to be friends with you any longer? Any indication at all that you may have done something to them unintentionally?

I think maybe not knowing why it happened has played a part in you not being able to move on from it.

I really believe in healing if you can get your mind around what happened, sort it out in your head, know that it WASN'T YOUR FAULT and then make the decision to move on from there.

If they didn't want to be your friend, maybe you should start being your friend, loving yourself and I'm sure you can get past it if you put your mind to it. You'll make new friends as well when those wounds heal and you become a happier person.

Best wishes

Primed