And I threw it all away

Jubilee Kate

Jubilee Kate

Literally. I felt like crap today, the cold was kicking my butt, but I felt compelled to get off of it and clean. Like a madwoman on crack with a tendency toward ocd. Why am I posting this in the coping section? Because this was the project my therapist told me to tackle. It was supposed to make me feel better somehow and it really did. I also remember reading something about this in a book called "Zen and the Art of Falling in Love."

New year, new life, new surroundings. I got out some contractor clean-up bags and started chucking everything I no longer needed. Things I'd held onto for years that really had no purpose - old school notes (what the hell am I going to do with binders full of genetics notes?), video tapes with who knows what on them, seven billion regifted gifts, clothes from before puberty that I swore I'd fit into again "one day", kitschy junk (elvis platter made entirely out of beans?!? WHY) All gone. Not really anything in my home that reminded me of my recent ex, but even so, I was able to exorcise the older demons. It felt so good to get rid of not only the clutter in my home but also lot of clutter in my head.

Awesome idea! I did the same thing in September - I donated a ton of clothing, stuff, and CDs to the salvation army that reminded me of the ex. It makes things better, because those reminders are no longer around.

In Liquid Wonder

Props to you on getting out the clutter. I also don't have many physical remnants of my most recent relationship, but I took care of some personal things. I had about 20+ votive candles hanging around, and I finally burned them all up.

I ALSO have tons of school notes from who-knows-when! I have this crazy notion that I'll get amnesia and need to reteach myself Latin II, but I'm not sure if that day will ever come. ;)