How do you deal with liars?

Some of you may have seen my posts on this and other boards. My relationship ended about 6 weeks ago. During the relationship my GF had lied to me numerous times about phone calls. This went on throughout the relationship. Although I felt as though I was deeply in love with her, I never really trusted her. In particular, she had an ex-coworker whom she hung out with a lot while they worked together, and who had asked her out repeatedly that kept caling. She also stated that this guy tried to kiss her on 2 seperate occasions. In any event, I expressed to her calmly at first that this made me uncomforatable. She told me on numerous occations that she had taken care of it but it never really went away. I found out that he had been emailing her as well. In fact on one occassion he emailed her a picture of a pair of shoes and said that they would look hot on her.

In the end. She had told me that she wasn't comforatable with the telling to leave her alone. She said that she didn't want to burn any bridges. What I want to know is this: I never caught her actually cheating with anyone. All our arguments were over phone calls and her lying about it. Can you guys tell me if you think I was insecure or wrong to react the way I did? Are phone calls and lies enough to cause a break up? I just hate to think that my jealousy was the cause of all this.

She was friendly and outgoing and I liked that about her. But she just didn't have any boundaries with her aquaintances. It really bothered me. I haven't contacted her at all and she hasn't contacted me either. I'm having a real hard time dealing with the Breakup. I tried so hard to make it work and in the end it wasn't enough. I feel in my heart that I did the right thing in expressing my feelings about the situation....it's just that now that she hasn't called it's clear that she has moved on feels as though she is in a better place without me. It makes me feel as though I was to insecure to be with her. I want to correct this flaw so I can enjoy a relationship again. Right now I feel like I'm dead inside..please help me.

Can you guys tell me if you think I was insecure or wrong to react the way I did?

I don't think you were. I'd have done the same thing… probably even sooner when she first started carrying on about the 'buddy' hitting on her at work.

"Look how hot I am. Everyone wants me. Are you jealous yet?" :rolleyes:

Immature people who seek attention and validation by dangling 'jealousy bait' are bad news. You did yourself a HUGE favor!

• Author

Sometime I wonder if she was just trying to avoid an argument with me. Were the emails and phone calls really reason enough to break up?

How do I deal with liars?

By simply not including them in my life. Period.