Friends Crossing the line and no turning back

I have a question about a long term friendship i have had with a girl. WE have been friends for like 6 years and we finally crossed that line from just friends into something more. We have been seeing each other for about 2 months and every for the first months was great. She would call me all the time and come over and stay the night. Now after the first month we started fighting alot about things. The problem comes in is my trust with her. She cheated on her boyfriend at the time with me and 3 months before that I knew she cheated on her boyfriend with another guy. Now since we ahve been friends for so long i dont think she would do that to me however its is constantly on the back of my mind.

The weird thign is the past 2 weeks she wont hang out with me, returns my phone calls hours later and usually the returned phone calls are at 3am. I suppose after writing this all signs point in that direction were she doesnt have interst anymroe. Now the thing is I talked to one of our friends who is good firends on both ends and he said he knows 100 percent she isnt seeing anyone else. Just sucks cause i have strong fealings towards her but it just seams she lost completel interest in this. When ever i bring up us stop seeing each other she gets really defensive and say "if that is what u want cause it isnt what i want". When i talk to her it seams like she doesnt even care anymore. any sugestions on what i should do cause i have a fealing im losing a person im with and a long term friends because of this.

Love is Blind

Clone56, you need to trust her. If you don't trust her, you will NEVER have a relationship with her. There is no such thing as a relationship without trust, so as dangerous as it feels you need to give away those inhabitions and TRUST her that she will not cheat. Otherwise your relationship is doomed.

Your girlfriend probably feels that you do not trust her. She can probably sense it, and I imagine she will now be defensive about it. So as much as you want to, DO NOT ask her questions about who she has been with, do not get upset when she does not return your calls within the hour.

Take things slow, maybe back off a bit. I will be honest, perhaps your girlfriend has decided that she does not want to be with someone who cannot trust her. Don't push her. Remember, if you have been friends for so long, you can probably sort the issue out. Even if it means that you may not date, at least you will not lose a friend.