Think Ex is seeing someone else

I don't know for sure, but her recent behavior online (as well as her friends deleting me) kind of leads me to think she is. It sucks, kind of hoped she'd come back one day because our break up was circumstantial rather than an issue in the relationship, but... it is what it is.

It's been a few months, so it's not a rebound. I'm not devastated or even that upset really, just disappointed.

Well now you know. Hopefully this is the "closure" you need to move on. Disconnect from her on social media so you can stop torturing yourself.

• Like 1

I think it's better to accept that's the case, instead of pondering on it.

Feel the pain and disappointment but accept she's monotonous and can date anyone she pleases, try to accept and move on with your own beautiful life

It's to be expected, really... but, it doesn't make it any easier. I would take this as a sign that it's time for you to really move on too - find your own happiness. Good luck.

Some people take a long time to figure out what they want, and they blame others for the shortcomings-this being the reason they take so long. One of my family friends was like that. She screwed up a relationship in her 20s pretty bad, and it was a relationship that did not need to be screwed up. She was young, but she had no will to manage the relationship in a way that she could handle so instead she burned the bridge by acting without regard for her significant other. I always thought this was a stupid thing to do, since she could have just opted for a clean break which several years later would have given her the second chance she hoped for. Her perspective revealed someone who did not know how to handle accountability and responsibility. Many many years later, after she acknowledged that was her greatest mistake and realized why, did she end up meeting someone and settling down. I don't know the exact situation you are dealing with, but it sounds like one of those emotional development milestones that people have to go through before they can sustain a relationship. Some people take longer than others because there is always someone there to catch them when they fall so that they don't have to deal with the consequences. Eventually many people figure it out, but it takes time.

I would suggest you move on from this one, start dating again, see what else is out there and assume this is never going to work out. How are you supposed to see all your options which may be more attractive, and better overall if you are clouded by this one? Remove it from your life, as painful as it may be it will help you learn from your actions too and find peace in the situation. Upshot is, I always find my prospects improve dramatically after a relationship has ended and there are always far better options once you can see clearly. If the relationship you were in was so great and so worthwhile, then you both would have stayed.