Why won't my ex block me?

My ex girlfriend of 1 year broke up with me about 2 months ago now. She basically broke up with me cause she wanted to change my physical appearance i.e dress sense, hair style etc... to which I objected to. I love her so I would call her every week or so since the break up begging her to come back. She would just talk me down and humiliate me. Every time I call she would mention how she will change her number cause of me, how much I annoy her and how she is over me and how we will never be. All this hurts me so much & I have tried but cannot find the strength to delete her number, I just can't do it.

My question is, why does she not just block me? Why threaten to change her number when she could just block me? Also why is my number still saved on her phone? (I know this because I'm still receiving her WhatsApp status feeds). I am so hurt that she broke up with me cause of this. My heart is broken in so many ways.

Even if you block someone on your phone, you can still see them trying to call. To really block you she'd have to get a new number. Why would you keep this up when you know it's over? It's so disrespectful and with every try, you become more pathetic and undesirable to her. Why can't you respect that she says no?

• Author
find your dignity, turn the tables and block her.

I have been in no contact with her for over a week now and plan to never contact her again. But I can't delete her number, I tried so hard to but it hurts to much. I also don't want to ruin any chance of her wanting to get back together with me just in case.

Even if you block someone on your phone, you can still see them trying to call. To really block you she'd have to get a new number. Why would you keep this up when you know it's over? It's so disrespectful and with every try, you become more pathetic and undesirable to her. Why can't you respect that she says no?

But she could put my number in her block list on her phone which will stop her phone ringing every time I call. She could also block me on WhatsApp but she doesn't.

Do you think she's not blocking me cause she wants me to chase her? Or maybe she still has feelings for me?

I have been in no contact with her for over a week now and plan to never contact her again. But I can't delete her number, I tried so hard to but it hurts to much. I also don't want to ruin any chance of her wanting to get back together with me just in case.

But she could put my number in her block list on her phone which will stop her phone ringing every time I call. She could also block me on WhatsApp but she doesn't.

Do you think she's not blocking me cause she wants me to chase her? Or maybe she still has feelings for me?

I don't she's not blocking you for you to chase, she's probably indifferent about you and doesn't really care if you call or not or appear on her phone or not.

I believe these are strong indicators to move on from your part, she's constantly dissatisfied and there's nothing you could do to change that, you can call 1 million times or change your haircut as requested, these are variables which are outside your control, you can sacrifice your happiness and well being to please her.

Now is your chance at your life, I suggest to block everywhere and force yourself to move on, it will be hard at the beginning but the days get better.

Ask yourself, why do you keep suffering?, it's been 2 months and you keep calling, yet no positive feedback, you are now an irritation which will warrant her to want a number change.

Accept this is no longer your fault and little there is to change.

Work on yourself and try move on, vent here if you wish, talk to friends and close ones.

Stop embarrassing yourself, be a man and block her. You said it yourself, she is humiliating you, you’re happy to accept that!?

• Like 1
Scarlett.O'hara
My question is, why does she not just block me? Why threaten to change her number when she could just block me? Also why is my number still saved on her phone? (I know this because I'm still receiving her WhatsApp status feeds). I am so hurt that she broke up with me cause of this. My heart is broken in so many ways.

Anyone can get around the block number by using a different phone. If she did change her number, that should put an end to it, but something tells me she isn't going to do that because she actually enjoys answering your calls to humiliate you over and over again.

It probably makes her feel powerful and boosts her ego. She can turn to friends and say "Look, this guy is so obsessed with me. I can say anything to him, and he will keep calling back lol. I am so desirable."

There is no other explanation I have for her cruel behavior. If she was being nice, it might suggest that she felt sorry for you and didn't want to hurt your feelings by blocking you, but this behavior is just cruel, selfish and immature.

She is not a nice person and clearly doesn't respect you. For that reason I think it is very unlikely she is going to do the right thing unless she becomes bored by it. You may not believe it now, but you dodged a bullet.

Somehow you have to find the strength from within to break free from this situation and block her number. It has to come from you.

I'm sorry you are hurting so much, but it will get easier in time.

• Like 2
My ex girlfriend of 1 year broke up with me about 2 months ago now. She basically broke up with me cause she wanted to change my physical appearance i.e dress sense, hair style etc... to which I objected to. I love her so I would call her every week or so since the break up begging her to come back. She would just talk me down and humiliate me. Every time I call she would mention how she will change her number cause of me, how much I annoy her and how she is over me and how we will never be. All this hurts me so much & I have tried but cannot find the strength to delete her number, I just can't do it.

This is so painful for me to read. She's blatantly treating miserably, and the one thing you're asking is why she did not block you.

Well, my response to that is that she did not block you because she likes to humiliate you. And looks like you like to be humiliated as well. Otherwise, you should had move on.

Please understand that this is not sane. Both of you seem that have engaged in some sick game, and looks like you cannot move on from that.

Try to think rationally. And please understand she'll probably have nothing to do with you. She doesn't respect you, and for love to be there, respect is fundamental.

You have no intention of changing your grooming, but want to get back with her despite knowing how she feels about it? Mate, you're making no sense.

There is pretty much only two choices here: You can either own your style and move on to someone who values you for you....or listen to her fashion advice and be with her. Mind you, she may not want you back now anyway.

For what it's worth, grooming and especially cleanliness is important to women. My 18yo daughter knows a guy who's a great guy, but his hair is long and greasy. He's going to have no success with women until he discovers daily hair washing.

• Author
I don't she's not blocking you for you to chase, she's probably indifferent about you and doesn't really care if you call or not or appear on her phone or not.

I believe these are strong indicators to move on from your part, she's constantly dissatisfied and there's nothing you could do to change that, you can call 1 million times or change your haircut as requested, these are variables which are outside your control, you can sacrifice your happiness and well being to please her.

Now is your chance at your life, I suggest to block everywhere and force yourself to move on, it will be hard at the beginning but the days get better.

Ask yourself, why do you keep suffering?, it's been 2 months and you keep calling, yet no positive feedback, you are now an irritation which will warrant her to want a number change.

Accept this is no longer your fault and little there is to change.

Work on yourself and try move on, vent here if you wish, talk to friends and close ones.

Your probably right, she is indifferent, when we first broke up and I'd call her. She was angry at me, telling me how bad I was. But as the weeks went on she calm down and was no longer upset. Now she doesn't seem to care if I call or not. I think me being there has helped her move on quicker. and no I will not sacrifice my own happiness for her. If she can't accept me the way I am then that's her problem. It just hurts that she could careless. Even her being angry at me was better than being indifferent.

Stop embarrassing yourself, be a man and block her. You said it yourself, she is humiliating you, you’re happy to accept that!?

I know but this is so much easier said than done. And no know I'm not happy to accept what she's doing. I was just fighting to get her back, so I have no regrets. Also what good would blocking her do when she doesn't call or message me? Do you think it will make her feel bad?

• Author
Anyone can get around the block number by using a different phone. If she did change her number, that should put an end to it, but something tells me she isn't going to do that because she actually enjoys answering your calls to humiliate you over and over again.

It probably makes her feel powerful and boosts her ego. She can turn to friends and say "Look, this guy is so obsessed with me. I can say anything to him, and he will keep calling back lol. I am so desirable."

There is no other explanation I have for her cruel behavior. If she was being nice, it might suggest that she felt sorry for you and didn't want to hurt your feelings by blocking you, but this behavior is just cruel, selfish and immature.

She is not a nice person and clearly doesn't respect you. For that reason I think it is very unlikely she is going to do the right thing unless she becomes bored by it. You may not believe it now, but you dodged a bullet.

Somehow you have to find the strength from within to break free from this situation and block her number. It has to come from you.

I'm sorry you are hurting so much, but it will get easier in time.

This is so painful for me to read. She's blatantly treating miserably, and the one thing you're asking is why she did not block you.

Well, my response to that is that she did not block you because she likes to humiliate you. And looks like you like to be humiliated as well. Otherwise, you should had move on.

Please understand that this is not sane. Both of you seem that have engaged in some sick game, and looks like you cannot move on from that.

Try to think rationally. And please understand she'll probably have nothing to do with you. She doesn't respect you, and for love to be there, respect is fundamental.

I was thinking the same thing. Me chasing her was just boosting her ego. And she probably has no respect for me because of how I cried and pleaded for her back. In our year together she would threaten to break up with me all the time if she didn't get her way. I think she broke up with me at least 11 times but would always come back. This time it was for real though. It just hurts cause I put up with a lot of emotional abuse from her and still she left. She just wanted everything her way and disregarded my feelings and opinion all the time. Even when I told her I wasn't happy with something she did. She would refuse to acknowledged her mistakes and some how twist it on me. I don't know what it is but it was kind of creepy. She saw me as an object for her benefit and if I was making her feel good then everything was fine. But if I challenged her then she would go of on one. But I refused to be manipulated by her and so she broke up with me. I say creepy because, she didn't seem to be doing it on purpose, it's like she genuinely couldn't understand that I was a person with my own needs.

I used to beg my ex to block me cos I couldn’t help seeing his name on my phone n. LT speaking to him

He didn’t block me and I’m not too sure why

I think he was so indifferent about me he didn’t care to block me

May be the same with this girl

• Author
You have no intention of changing your grooming, but want to get back with her despite knowing how she feels about it? Mate, you're making no sense.

There is pretty much only two choices here: You can either own your style and move on to someone who values you for you....or listen to her fashion advice and be with her. Mind you, she may not want you back now anyway.

For what it's worth, grooming and especially cleanliness is important to women. My 18yo daughter knows a guy who's a great guy, but his hair is long and greasy. He's going to have no success with women until he discovers daily hair washing.

I want her to realise that she's done me wrong and I want her to accept me for who I am without changing. My cleanliness is fine and she knows this. My dress sense and style is smart / casual. She wants me to dress in tight clothes which I find very feminine. I refuse to wear tight jeans etc.... And my hair is not greasy, in fact she wants me to cut it longer.

I will never call her again. But do you guys think she will regret this one day? I was always good to her and never did her wrong. Do you think she will try contact me in the future? If so when? It may sound bad, but I just want her to feel like she's made a mistake and regret what she's lost. Do you think that will ever happen or since its been 2 months, she just doesn't care?

• Author
I used to beg my ex to block me cos I couldn’t help seeing his name on my phone n. LT speaking to him

He didn’t block me and I’m not too sure why

I think he was so indifferent about me he didn’t care to block me

May be the same with this girl

But my ex says I'm annoying her and not to call her cause I'm disturbing her. So she has all the reasons to block me. Maybe I wasn't calling her enough to warrant a block. Since I only called every 7 days or so. She wasn't a nice person, but I still miss and love her like crazy and don't know why.

I'm a pack rat. When I know I ought to let something go but just "can't", I give it to my husband & he gets rid of it for me.

Hand your phone to somebody you love you & trust. Ask them to delete her number. Viola. It will be gone.