Ex girlfriend playing mind games?

My ex girlfriend broke up with me a couple of days ago after being together 2 years and got with another guy immediately after. I told her I don’t want it to be this way because I deeply love her and really value what we have but she went cruel and told me too bad because she never loved me or cared about me or anything and that really hurt me. And then yesterday she texted me and apologized for saying those things and said she always loved me and always will and she said she misses me and wants me back, I don’t get it, she goes from cruel to sweet at the drop of a hat. I think she’s only doing because she knows I love her (I really do, I wanted to marry her, have a family with her and live in a nice house, but I guess that wasn’t enough)

She also goes this morning “I cannot believe I said those things to you, no one deserves to be treated or spoken to like that, and especially not you. I’m apologizing from the bottom of my heart and I want you to know that I did not mean anything I said.”

What should I do?

Happy Lemming

If you want to get hurt again, go back...

Here is what happened, the new guy didn't pan out and she doesn't want to be alone.

She thought the grass was greener on the other side...

• Like 5

I think you should not accept her back.

I'm also wondering what her behaviour was like during the relationship. Not many people go from being really kind and loving for two whole years and then have a snap like this. Does she have a history of being unstable? I'm only asking because if she does have a history, it gives you even more reasons to stay away.

• Like 1
My ex girlfriend broke up with me a couple of days ago after being together 2 years and got with another guy immediately after. I told her I don’t want it to be this way because I deeply love her and really value what we have but she went cruel and told me too bad because she never loved me or cared about me or anything and that really hurt me. And then yesterday she texted me and apologized for saying those things and said she always loved me and always will and she said she misses me and wants me back, I don’t get it, she goes from cruel to sweet at the drop of a hat. I think she’s only doing because she knows I love her (I really do, I wanted to marry her, have a family with her and live in a nice house, but I guess that wasn’t enough)

She also goes this morning “I cannot believe I said those things to you, no one deserves to be treated or spoken to like that, and especially not you. I’m apologizing from the bottom of my heart and I want you to know that I did not mean anything I said.”

What should I do?

I, personally, would thank her for the apology and then tell her good luck. Then go NC.

She has been planning to leave you for a while. That would explain the sudden new boyfriend. If there is one... she wants you back? Is she or is she not dating someone?

• Like 1

I heard the same nonsense from my ex. Lasted a week before she went cold again. You probably won’t but please ignore her.

• Like 3

She probably had GIGS but once she realized the new guy isn't all that great she came running back to you.

If you really want to be with such a cruel person who can throw you away so cavalierly who has now been with another guy, accept her reconciliation. If you have any self esteem kick her to the curb. She made her choice to throw you away. Now she needs to live with that choice.

Yup been there. Got replaced in days. Months down the road my ex contacts me- says she still loves me. I ate it up.

What really happened: was cheating on me the whole time with the new man- decided she HD seen enough to make him boyfriend. Of course he ended being a disaster. Guess who she came running back too?

Lasted about three months- she was awesome at first then little by little she got distant(found something knew) and then when it got to the point we weren't talking at all I left. WEEKS latter she had her new man.

What should I do?

Hello,

She's not playing mind games. She's desperately trying to have you as his second option. Right now she has someone else in mind that's she's excited about but for some reason, things might had gottten complicated for her. She's trying not to lose you in case his first option flakes.

My advice is to distance yourself from all this. You'll end up hurting if you decide to stay. She has no respect for you and in case you'll get back together it'll be a matter of time until she finds someone else again. Keep those words in your mind: she said she never loved you.

I must testify (dr_mack at yahoo dot com) brought back my boyfriend within 48hours. ?

Why does he need it if she already wants him back?

One of our veteran posters (I think BluesPower) mentioned something on another thread that I think you’ll find very useful, it was for me. You only give a person one chance. If they screw up, which your ex did, it’s on to the next one.