He broke with me 2 days ago

iamnotaburden

I'm struggling. It's the end of the semester, and I was full of happiness, relief and Christmas cheer. I was excited to spend more time with him because we've both been so busy semester with nursing school for me and school for him. I bought all of his presents and his family's presents. I was so excited.

I had invited him over Wednesday. I planned the whole night out. We were going to watch a movie he's been wanting to watch for a while and was going to take him to eat Mexican food because it's his favorite. He'd been acting super different. Not texting as often, not answering my calls. But he kept saying he was busy. With school, and his family. I had anxiety attacks leading up to the day because I felt something was wrong. But when he showed up, I was excited. Until he broke down and started to cry.

He told me that he he so much stuff going on with family and school. Without saying it, he basically said he didn't have time for me. I was at my most vulnerable. I cried and sobbed and begged him to reconsider. I wanted to be there for him and him for me. I struggled with nursing school, and knowing I would be able to see him at the end of the week was my motivation. I hate the city where I am right so being able to go see him made me feel better. Now he just ends it all. I still feel like it could've worked. I'm hurt and heartbroken.

He said that he was not one to cut someone off. He said that I could still contact him if I need to talk. He still wanted to take me to the shooting range. But I told him it wouldn't be the same. I deleted him off all my social media and blocked him on Facebook. I still have his number, some of his pictures, and his voicemails.

He texted me yesterday saying that he would always be there for me, and that he would give me my sleeping bag back when I was in town. But he said if I could tell people that the break up was mutual. It pissed me off. It's funny, he said he doesn't care what others think, but apparently that's a lie. I broke down yesterday. I called my mom and just felt so down. I finally fell asleep way too late. I want him back so bad, but I know I can't. Any words of encouragement is welcome. Thank you for listening.

I'm sorry you got hurt. It is especially hard when someone breaks up with us during the holiday season. I hope you have the receipts for the gifts so you can get your money back. How long was your relationship? I'm sure it hurt him to have to hurt you and that would probably explain his tears. Maybe you can go home to your family for the holidays to receive comfort and support. It is best to not communicate with your ex anymore since he broke up with you. It will keep you stuck and confused when in reality he isn't going to want to get back together even if you two fall back into sex. He probably told you that you can tell people the break up was "mutual" so you don't feel bad about telling people you were dumped by him. I don't think he told you that for his benefit. It takes time but you will get over this.

• Author
iamnotaburden

Thank for your kind words.

We were together a little over year. He's been here with me through a lot of hard times (two deaths, nursing school in general, joining a sorority that ended up hating, etc.). I have his mom's expensive cake holder (she made me a birthday cake a month ago) that I plan on giving to his sister, and I'm probably am going to give the gifts to her since most of them are non-refundable and he gave me the ones he got me. I'm definitely going home for break haha

I plan on staying no contact with him for a while. He wants to stay in contact, but I cannot do that right now.

I plan on staying no contact with him for a while. He wants to stay in contact, but I cannot do that right now.

Of course he does. Because if you "remain friends", it will alleviate his guilt at dumping you, especially over the holidays.

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Stay strong, be kind to yourself, and keep him blocked.