weird rebound - questions

My Ex and i broke up end of october she asked for some space. we had been together for 5+ years. we spoke a week later and she said she is just working things out and still loves me. spoke to her the following week and she said she is just working on herself. i spoke to her on thanksgiving and she told me she was talking to someone and that it was nothing really serious. we got together on the 8th for breakfast and we talked she told me she was dating this guy and they had slept together i handled everything really well and didnt freak out and ask alot of questions or anything she said to me that "its not the same" she still says she still loves me, and that when i hugged her goodbye she said she feels safe when i hug her.

she is 22 and i am 26 - the guy she is dating now is 18 just graduated high school.

my first thoughts are that wow she jumped into that rebound REALLY fast and moved very fast. she said she still wants to be with me just doesnt know when that will be. she also still says she still loves me. she also hides tries to hide that relationship from me.

i guess how could a rebound like that possibly work? obviously she was just trying to have the comfort while we separated.

i have gone NC and I removed her on social media etc.

She was 17 when you started dating. She's now an adult. She is using the wrong words & unclear language but her taking up with another guy indicates that she wants to explore the world & see who else is out there to date. Leave her alone.