So my girlfriend for the last 8 years broke up with me. She said she doesn't love me anymore and wants to focus more on her career. We were fine and then one week she just stops contacting me and starts being distant. We have had no contact for a couple weeks now. Do you guys think I should contact her soon or just give up?

Give up, it's over!

I think the only way she might want you back in the future, is after she tries some other guys that treat her bad, and then understand that you're the right one. But why would you take her back on those circumstances?

• Like 1

Agreed, it's time to move on. It's a horrible thing to hear and to have to face up to, but the sooner you do face up, the sooner you'll come out of the other end and be able to be happy again and meet someone new.

So sorry this happened man, it's brutal I know, especially after that long. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do either, it's out of your hands. You gotta let her go and go hard no contact, heal yourself, and eventually find someone who appreciates you. If you've been a good guy to her, then it's her loss. She likely was feeling like that for a while and didn't communicate effectively with you to work on the problem, or didn't want to. That's what happened to me anyway.

Your best course is no contact

Block her on everything.

Don't be shocked when you find out about her boyfriend.

That's what this is all about.

She moved on you'd best do the same

I think it's important to understand what is going on with her. Be honest with one another since trust and knowing each others expectations are very important to a long lasting, secure relationship. I'll pray that you both will be honest about how you each feel.

• Like 1