Ex broke up with me for a ex, now wants me back soon

The history..

She was with him for 2 1/2 years.

I was only with her a month but saw her everyday.

She started seeing me 2 months after she stopped seeing her ex cause she thought her ex had lost interest an she didn't want to pass me up.

A month after we met she told me she needed space so I gave it to her thinking I was suffocating her.

A few days later her ex saw us together at work an talked her saying he thought they were still together.

She told me she realised she was not over her ex an felt bad about pulling me into this when she didnt realise she wasnt over him.

While I was giving her space for a week she said she missed me so i randomly showed up at her place to surprise her an found her with her ex one night after she said she missed me.

When I first confronted her she told me it was just a friend who was there but I dragged it out of her that its her ex..

We argued while he was in her apartment about how I randomly showed up. She said they were just talking so she could figure things out. She told me she didn't feel right hanging onto me since she wasnt over him but she still cares about me.

A few days later now she says she is not choosing him over me she just needs time to think cause she still cares about him. . She says I can see other people she won't stop me but she wants me to know that she doesn't want to get rid of me shes cares about me a lot an one day we will be together and soon.

We met today an she misses me a lot it seems like. I kinda acted like i wasn't going to wait around for her to get over him. She asked me what I saw for our long-term future if we got back together..

She's now texting me jokes I think cause she doesn't want to lose me yet even though she still cares about him.

Should I possibly take her back when she gets over him soon?

Edited by Mike2534
The history..

She started seeing me 2 months after she stopped seeing her ex cause she thought her ex had lost interest.

A month after we met she told me she needed space so I gave it to her thinking I was suffocating her.

A few days later her ex saw us together at work an talked her saying he thought they were still together.

She told me she realised she was not over her ex an felt bad about pulling me into this when she didnt realise she wasnt over him.

While I was giving her space for a week she said she missed me so i randomly showed up at her place to surprise her an found her with her ex one night after she said she missed me.

When I first confronted her she told me it was just a friend who was there but I dragged it out of her that its her ex..

We argued while he was in her apartment about how I randomly showed up. She said they were just talking so she could figure things out. She told me she didn't feel right hanging onto me since she wasnt over him but she still cares about me.

A few days later now she says she is not choosing him over me she just needs time to think cause she still cares about him. . She says I can see other people she won't stop me but she wants me to know that she doesn't want to get rid of me shes cares about me a lot an one day we will be together and soon.

We met today an she misses me a lot it seems like. I kinda acted like i wasn't going to wait around for her to get over him. She asked me what I saw for our long-term future if we got back together..

She's now texting me jokes I think cause she doesn't want to lose me yet even though she still cares about him.

Shes playing the same game her ex played with her in that he was probably "confused" too so that has become the norm for her. Shes insecure wants to have a back up just incase things dont work out but also doesnt want committment.

You seem like a reasonable person, dont be that guy. Anytime a person is confused, its either because they are insecure, were never into you, or are psycho....

• Like 2
She asked me what I saw for our long-term future if we got back together..

I'll tell you what I see in your long term future together. A lot of pain and heart-ache for YOU. Her ex stuill thought they were together, you know what that means? It means she has shown you plainly and clearly that she has no moral values. She was quite clearly cheating on her ex, with YOU. She is going to fire her boyfriend soon, are you sure that's a job you want to apply for? Remember what happened to the last one...?

If she wanted to be with you then she would be with you NOW. Not giving some stupid excuses about "soon".

She is not girlfriend material AT ALL. If you pursue a relationship with her, it will end in tears, for you.

Hell no.

• Like 4
wishyouneverleft
The history..

She started seeing me 2 months after she stopped seeing her ex cause she thought her ex had lost interest an she didn't want to pass me up.

Lol, from a jaded perspective, I would say run. In the past I've made the mistake of pursuing FWB, then they catch feelings because I honestly wasn't emotionally invested, and that was that. But that's not the mature thing to do, the mature thing is to walk away. She's obviously conflicted and the growth that needs to happen for her to realize that men aren't toys and feelings isn't something you play with won't happen if you give in to her. You'll be on the receiving end of this in a few years and on here telling us how she found someone but she cares about you still.

The history..

You should be relieved you've barely scratched the surface of a relationship with this cheating, lying woman. There's really only one word to say to her. GOODBYE.

trustyourself

I started dating my ex 3 months after she ended a LTR with her ex. It was rocky as hell.

We loved each other, but she recently contacted me and apologized about how she went about things, citing that while she loved me, she was not over her ex when we started, and it caused huge issues in our relationship. She said she regrets how she went about things, and that our timing was all wrong, as she really did see a future with me, but she messed it up because she could not let go of him. Then she told me she had done so now, and maybe there was hope for us in the future :rolleyes:

It was the most painful breakup I have ever endured.

I would recommend not starting things with her until she is over her ex. It is just going to hurt you man.

Take care.