Don’t be me. My story of the last 4 months.

What a wild ride it has been for me. 4 months ago my GF(22F) of 2.5 years kicked me out and left me for her best guy friend. Our relationship wasn’t perfect but up until the end she still talked of marriage and children. I guess I didn’t move fast enough and she left. 10 days later she makes it official with her friend and moves 3 hours away to live with him after 3 weeks of dating.

Less than 3 months of dating and they are engaged.

Just last weekend I lost one of my cats to FIV(feline AIDS) we had gotten and raised. That was very hard on me because he was my best friend through the transition to my new apartment. Through all of this we have been very nice to each other when contacting about returning things. She hasn’t once asked how I am but was very concerned about my sick grandmother(she was trying to visit her after the breakup). She is a good person but she had little interests outside of me and the need to be married and have children. She has self esteem issues but she is very caring and sweet even if she lacks communication inside a relationship(I lacked communication skills too).

This was our first relationships living with someone the whole time and our longest relationships by far. It has been a very tough 4 months gor me, but it is slowly getting better. I still think about her most of the day but the pain has subsided for the most part. I guess life has a funny way of turning in a short time.

Since the break up I have refocused myself to progressing towards a very rewarding career(home inspecting), and I have a bright future. I guess there is really no point but to vent a little and share my story because I don’t see many as crazy as mine. Life can change in an instant and it hurts. Now I just hope that someday I can find someone I was so sure about as my EX. I thought it would be forever and I guess it being my first serious relationship thinking it is forever can breed complacency and comfortability.

Never take anyone for granted or think they won’t leave, because they will. Hope everyone has a great day.

Hey ThatGuy125,

After my first serious relationship ended I was a mess. I took nearly a year to get over her and I didn't date for 4 years. That was a big mistake. I'm currently moving on from a 4-year old relationship and I know I'm not completely ready to date but I'm trying to keep an open mind and enjoy the company of other women. I think you should too. It's better than wallowing in misery.

• Author

I am trying my best, but unlike her, I didn’t have a backup. Being as busy as I am it is difficult to get out there right now. I guess it is just therapeutic to write about how my life has turned.

First of all, I want to tell you I am going through a break up as well. (I am a woman - 27 y/o).

I know there are hundreds of different case scenarios and probably yours is one of the most painful one's but, at this point of my life I have realized if something it's meant to be, it will be.

What your ex did was terrible. I have no deep knowledge of all the other factors in your relationship with her, and at this point that doesn't really matters.

What you need to do is keep focusing in yourself, exercise.. if you are out of shape then set up a goal and become fit --- that will boost your self-esteem. If you are into fitness already then keep on working on yourself!.

Don't stop doing what you like doing. Try eating well even tho I know even that is hard to do.... I have spent days without having any food and that has made me feel weak and it's totally wrong.

It is amazing how I can give you the best advice and not being able to apply it (yet) to myself....... but one thing for sure is we are going to see a brighter future and that is up to us.

What a wild ride it has been for me. 4 months ago my GF(22F) of 2.5 years kicked me out and left me for her best guy friend. Our relationship wasn’t perfect but up until the end she still talked of marriage and children. I guess I didn’t move fast enough and she left. 10 days later she makes it official with her friend and moves 3 hours away to live with him after 3 weeks of dating.

Less than 3 months of dating and they are engaged.

She was cheating on you with a so called "best guy friend", who always wanted to be more than just her friend, but used the title of friend so that he could be an orbiter; this allowed him to be able to wait for the right time to strike. If you Google, you will see that there are many sites that teach you how to take another man's woman, with most of them based on claiming to be just a friend in order to gain access to seeing them on a regualar basis (in effect dating). This is why many have relationship boundaries concerning opposite sex friends.

I am trying my best, but unlike her, I didn’t have a backup.
The other man (OM) was never the backup plan, you were. At some point they secretly became more than just friends while she was still with you. At that point you became the backup plan as she explored her relationship with the OM.
  • Like 1

I know you hurt. If she can do that to you she will do it to him. She has no morals. Right now everything is great because its the honeymoon phase.

But it will change. I always tell myself if they can cheat with you they can cheat on you.