Back at stage 0

First thing first I'd like to apologize for my English as it's not my first language and I'll try my best to find the proper words to express my feelings.

My ex GF and I (both in our early twenties) were in a LDR(420ish miles) for a year and it was great matter of fact the best relationship I've ever had. The first 9 months we would see each other maybe 2-3 times a month which is in my opinion is a decent amount we went to holidays during august too for a week. The last 3 months things started to go downhill we only managed to see each other for 24 hours the whole 3 months. We wouldn't talk as much as we used to and frustration started to grow because every single time we tried to plan a visit something went wrong(her car got stolen, I got really sick and was hospitalized, trains were canceled right before etc) so at one point we both decided to end things as it was starting to divide us more than everything and agreed to start things over if one of us had the opportunity to move in closer.

We remained friends she would call me times to times but I never had the urge to talk to her I was feeling pretty great of course I'd still think about her but I wasn't hurting like I do right now. In July I deleted her from Snapchat because she was upset about me having dinner with friends (mostly girls) So I started no contact like I said I felt great I was working pretty much every day of the week which was nice because it kept me busy but I would still have her on my mind without being obsessed.

A month ago she added me back on Snapchat I didn't add her back until about 2 weeks ago she would watch my stories but never piss me off like she used to with annoying questions.

3 days ago she asked me if I had a new girlfriend I replied no for curiosity I asked her if she's seeing someone, she said no because apparently she don't want another men because she wouldn't be happy and then sent me a another message thanking me for everything I did for her and that I was the best bf she ever had and she'll always be thankful.

For some reason I felt something in my chest like my heart was being ripped off. And now I hurt so bad I feel like we broke up yesterday and I miss her more than I did over the past 5 months but I still don't have the urge to talk to her as it doesn't bother me to not talk to her. It's driving me crazy.

I started no contact immediately I even had one my friends change my social media passwords to prevent me from logging in and ghost her(i won't but just in case). Is it normal to feel that way?

Oh and i forgot to mention she's still at college and I'm working.

Thank you for your attention.

//I started no contact immediately I even had one my friends change my social media passwords to prevent me from logging in and ghost her(i won't but just in case). Is it normal to feel that way?//

Yep in my experience it is normal. No contact can be tough but breaking it can send you into a tailspin.

I had my ex block me as we were still friendly at that juncture. LOL the problem was mutual FB friends, I found out a week later she was dating someone when she posted pics and 3 of my FB friends contacted me about it.

LOL now we have lifelong no contact.

Never break NC and never be friends right after the break.

Everything you are experiencing is normal. Good luck and sorry for your pain.

• Author
//I started no contact immediately I even had one my friends change my social media passwords to prevent me from logging in and ghost her(i won't but just in case). Is it normal to feel that way?//

Yep in my experience it is normal. No contact can be tough but breaking it can send you into a tailspin.

I had my ex block me as we were still friendly at that juncture. LOL the problem was mutual FB friends, I found out a week later she was dating someone when she posted pics and 3 of my FB friends contacted me about it.

LOL now we have lifelong no contact.

Never break NC and never be friends right after the break.

Everything you are experiencing is normal. Good luck and sorry for your pain.

Thank you.. I wish I wasn't that dumb to open that message I think I had to learn it the hard way as people always told me not to be friends right after the break with exs but I was thinking that maybe with distance it would be different guess not

• Like 1

It happens, don't beat yourself up over it. As I said I blocked her and had her block me and NC was still broken by mutual friends...they were trying to make me feel better.

"OMG he's so fat and ugly"

Did not help me one bit, I am still screwed up but part of me is glad I know why she left me now...so now I know never to speak to her again. We were lifelong friends, now we hate one another. In a weird way hating her, for the time being, is helping me move on and realize she is not who I thought she was. It gave me closure when before I was confused and being fed false hope.

Sorry, you are experiencing this now, just let her know there can not be any contact maybe when you both heal, maybe not. It's hard to be friends unless you both are in the same place after a breakup and no longer in love.