Hobbies to forget him/her

redheaded-squirrel

redheaded-squirrel

Hi all,

I am putting this out here, sorry if it has already been asked...but it might help someone, including myself.

What activities/hobbies did you take up in order to forget someone?

I tend to get very much involved in my work, so that I have something else to think about, but becoming a workaholic is a double-edged sword. When the heartbreak is over, I am still left with all the additional workload and it stresses me out. In addition, this is a time at my workplace where there actually isn't much more to do that I can get involved in. So I am looking for suggestions on how to fill up the free time after work. What hobbies did you have to keep yourself busy and has it helped you/changed you?

The gym was a massive hobby I picked up. I always went a couple times a week before the split but after I got extremely dedicated. I'm talking 5-6 a week, one rest day. Then seeing my body respond to the workouts got me into meal prep to increase my results so I got really into cooking..

THEN my arms got pretty major and I was thinking of what I could do besides fight. At that time my buddy posted a video of him and his girl shooting the compound bow over a weekend. I went to my local archery range and go figure- I found out I love shooting too.

The best thing to do is to find a hobby that stacks. Something that branches into other things and meeting different people.

• Like 1

You gotta pick a hobby that you like.

To get over my last broken heart I started my own company & served on 2 boards of trustees, got involved with the Chamber of Commerce, volunteered for 2 charities, & took a part time job.

Major gym increase for me as well. In my case I was also very introverted so I pushed out of my comfort zone and started making friends left and right when not at the gym. I went to meetup.com and started showing up to local meet ups and made my own circle of friends (Luckily almost all women) I now hang out with every single weekend. We go out drinking, dancing or just genuinely hang at each others houses and play games as a group.

I took scuba diving lessons and became certified. Then, I joined a Diving Club and we traveled around to certain dive locations. I also traveled! I've been everywhere! Totally got wanderlust. Been all over the US and visited no less than 20 different countries. Foreign girls may not like American Politics, but then love an American accent!