do guys forget someone easily?

roynatasha70

like if a guy (now this guy is a university student, 21 above, not a teen) kept staring at a girl ever since he laid his eyes on her for the first time and whenever he saw her he would look at her as if she is something he can't believe his eyes and would just not look away from her face and would deliberately do things in front of her to catch her attention but could not express it to her and tell her that he liked her out of lack of courage or shyness, and if they do not see each other for 2 months due to holidays, will the guy forget about her?

ExpatInItaly

I don't think he will forget about her, but if he never made a single move, I also don't think he's really as interested as the girl believes.

like if a guy (now this guy is a university student, 21 above, not a teen) kept staring at a girl ever since he laid his eyes on her for the first time and whenever he saw her he would look at her as if she is something he can't believe his eyes and would just not look away from her face and would deliberately do things in front of her to catch her attention but could not express it to her and tell her that he liked her out of lack of courage or shyness, and if they do not see each other for 2 months due to holidays, will the guy forget about her?

This is "center of the universe" talk.

Do not expect that you have a gravitational pull and other people are suppose to fall into your orbit. Guys look at women very often and the fear of rejection is real. He may look at you...but what do you do to Que him that you are interested. So if another female catches his interest you will not be forgotten, but you will drop on his priority list of attraction.

• Like 2

If he never said anything to you or had any interaction with you?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to forget a random person who had no real significance in your life.

• Like 1

A few days ago I was out doing the lawn, if grass in the forest could be called a lawn, and a neighbor I hadn't seen since they bought the place nearby happened to walk up and introduce herself. We talked a bit and I went back to mowing the lawn

Yesterday I was out working on the truck and I hear this voice 'hey carhill!' and it's the same lady. I waved back and went back to working on the truck. For the life of me I can't remember her name :D

Guys do what they do. I can tell you I remember the name of every woman I've had sex with in life and the name of my exW is burned indelibly into my memory ;) Others, variable.

I was shy and reticent when young and it took a substantial 'like' for me to ask a woman on a date. In those situations, sure I remembered who they were. Heck, the first one I even recognized years later when seeing an obituary where her father died. We'd never even dated (back in high school) but I still remembered her.

Generally, when something about a person burns an emotional memory, one is more likely to remember. Those who never make it to that point are more likely to fade into the background.

The lady in the forest just has to work on the emotional memory part. Once she gets it, I'll remember her name ;)

• Like 2
  • Author
roynatasha70
I don't think he will forget about her, but if he never made a single move, I also don't think he's really as interested as the girl believes.

but he wasnt then why did he keep staring into her all the time? why was he trying to catch her attention ? he even brought a bag with initials written in her native language and kept it in a place which she frequently visited.

but he wasnt then why did he keep staring into her all the time? why was he trying to catch her attention ? he even brought a bag with initials written in her native language and kept it in a place which she frequently visited.

explain whats transpiring...

This is the third thread you've written recently about guys who apparently look at you and try to get your attention. Instead of passively wondering what's going on, be proactive about making things happen.

And yes, if no emotional connection has been established with you, it's likely they will move on if they find someone who's into them over the holiday break. Also, it's not a 'guy' thing. I'm a woman and would move on easily if no connection had been established

Edited by basil67
no gender difference
  • Like 2

I think this depends a lot of his personality, is he obsessive?

I've found myself so completely enthralled by the beauty of a girl that forgetting her anytime soon would be hard unless i wasn't to ever see her again. If I was seeing the most beautiful girl ever, regularly, and then didn't see her for two months, I think i'd just "move on" and forget i ever saw her, just like you do when you see someone attractive in the street. If i was planning to speak to her or if there was some sort of connection, then i'd be more likely to "wait" for her.

TL;DR, she is just another attractive girl to him, unless they have something more

• Like 1

Sorry, but I'm way older than this, so age doesn't really matter here. To be honest, early 20s is still nothing in the grand scheme of everything. You still have SO MUCH TIME to worry about these games.

But if you need to know, what matters is what you did to keep this guy's interest.

Why didn't you play along if you were interested?? Now you have to wait until the school year starts again to see if he's still in the same place...and at your age...hmmm...you never know.

Why don't you contact him over the summer so you can maybe secure something for September?

We aren't Psychics. We don't know. You probably know better than any of us here.

Are you ever going to forget people that had a big impact on your life? Probably not. But you may completely stop thinking about them until someone mentions them and you say, "oh yeah that person!"

I had a girlfriend back when I was like 19 or 20. I can go years without thinking about her, and then someone will mention her and I'll remember that I dated her. It's not that I forgot, it's just my mind was completely occupied by someone/something else and I needed someone to mention her to even think about her.

• Like 1

Lemme tell tell you what I remember.

I remember loving three women fiercely.

I remember all three trashing my feelings. Ages 21, 32, and 37 to be exact. I Understand my role in all three, but I do not take all the blame any longer.

I remember exactly how I felt during that time, the uncertainty, frustration, confusion, and emotions. And how I came to LS, and the community helped me power through.

I remember each woman I've slept with, and even the ones I've had a huge crush on, but never acted on it.

I remember how I feel now, free of the above, loving just being me. Being fully present at work, loving my hobbies, and being able to let go of people who are unhealthy for me.

I can't speak for all men, but I can tell you that those emotions are seared into me like a mental tattoo. It took roughly a year to get over each one for me.

And most of all, I love remembering having self-respect, not being needy, or allowing people to disrespect or walk on my feelings.

Be safe everyone.

• Like 1

Amazingly that was all a single sentence! I need to catch my breath after that :D

• Author
roynatasha70

Finally after 2 weeks, today they spoke each other. They saw each other today and she smiled at him. had tried smiling at him before but he didn't smile back but today surprisingly he smiled at too and she began to talk to him.

They were alone together so I guess he was comfortable enough to chat. He accompanied her to the place she was heading. she congratulated him for the things he was doing for the last 2 weeks which resulted in his victory and they shook hands. Then he kept his hand on her shoulder and asked if we have met before and she said no.

I didn't understand this. Why did he ask me that and why did he touch though?

Then he held out his hand and told her his name and she told him hers. Then he left. He was busy throughout the day so they didn't see each other until she was leaving and again he had such a strange look when he saw her. The only difference was he smiled but he it seems he has problems smiling because he's always hesitant to smile and she have to initiate first. He'd only good at staring.

Edited by roynatasha70
t

Not on your life. :D

Finally after 2 weeks, today they spoke each other. They saw each other today and she smiled at him. had tried smiling at him before but he didn't smile back but today surprisingly he smiled at too and she began to talk to him.

They were alone together so I guess he was comfortable enough to chat. He accompanied her to the place she was heading. she congratulated him for the things he was doing for the last 2 weeks which resulted in his victory and they shook hands. Then he kept his hand on her shoulder and asked if we have met before and she said no.

I didn't understand this. Why did he ask me that and why did he touch though?

Then he held out his hand and told her his name and she told him hers. Then he left. He was busy throughout the day so they didn't see each other until she was leaving and again he had such a strange look when he saw her. The only difference was he smiled but he it seems he has problems smiling because he's always hesitant to smile and she have to initiate first. He'd only good at staring.

Is there an actual need to write entirely in third person? It seems so unnecessary and confusing.

• Like 1