Ex BF contacts me after 4 months & ignores my response

Hello,

I am very confused and slightly upset at the situation with my ex. He broke up with me about 4 months ago because we weren't compatible enough and have different goals. I agreed and started to move on. All of a sudden he reaches out to me and says :

" Hello. I wanted to give it some time before contacting you after we broke up. I just had a thought about you & wanted to know how you were doing. How is school & how are your summer intership plans going ? ( we are both in university , 24 and 25 years old ) Also we never said anything about staying friends.

I was shocked to hear from him, but rresponded to his message about 6-7 hours later. Very casually and answered his specific questions. Didn't add anything more. I ended by asking how he was doing.

It's been about 3 days and he never responded. I don't understand and it's really got me frazzled. I feel like he was messing with my head. I can't help to wonder what his point was. Why did he text me only to ignore me ? Does he regret reaching out ? Is he playing games ? If he genuinely wanted to know how I was why would he ignore me ?

Any advice, thoughts or perspective on the situation would be appreciated.

Thank you.

hmmm it's difficult to say. But what I know from guys is that once you're only friends with them or they aren't interested in you anymore, they don't really think texting is a big deal. I've heard that guys don't like to text at all so don't get upset about it too much.

I know it's very annoying and I would feel horrible if my ex would do that to me, but I always keep in mind that some guys really aren't into texting. I don't think he did it to ignore you, maybe he was busy and had to focus on other things?

Hello,

I am very confused and slightly upset at the situation with my ex. He broke up with me about 4 months ago because we weren't compatible enough and have different goals. I agreed and started to move on. All of a sudden he reaches out to me and says :

" Hello. I wanted to give it some time before contacting you after we broke up. I just had a thought about you & wanted to know how you were doing. How is school & how are your summer intership plans going ? ( we are both in university , 24 and 25 years old ) Also we never said anything about staying friends.

I was shocked to hear from him, but rresponded to his message about 6-7 hours later. Very casually and answered his specific questions. Didn't add anything more. I ended by asking how he was doing.

It's been about 3 days and he never responded. I don't understand and it's really got me frazzled. I feel like he was messing with my head. I can't help to wonder what his point was. Why did he text me only to ignore me ? Does he regret reaching out ? Is he playing games ? If he genuinely wanted to know how I was why would he ignore me ?

Any advice, thoughts or perspective on the situation would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sweetheart, I'm sorry you are going through this. Let me assure you I understand.

My ex is 36, and during our breakup would do exactly the same.

I'd chase, she'd distance.

I'd back off, she reel me in with a text, quote or meme.

I'd chase, she'd distance. See the pattern?

She didn't care, didn't want to work it out, and would never call or respond. She just wanted to know I was there.

She once said "I didn't take your call because I didn't have an hour to waste on you."

Dear, let him the hell go. He's immature and not worth it right now. Let him miss you a bit.

• Like 1

" Hello. I wanted to give it some time before contacting you after we broke up. I just had a thought about you & wanted to know how you were doing. How is school & how are your summer intership plans going ?"

Just know....if you "cozy up" to this man again....he WILL leave you again.

Take it from a guy who knows.

As to why he did this.....doesn't matter. Unless you're fine getting back together and him leaving again....stay away