Heard some things through the grape vine.

Positiveone

The mother of my ex of 2.5 years and my mother connect regularly, obviously they talk about how there kids are doing when they meet/talk.

My mom told me that my ex asked her mom if she had made a mistake by dumping me.. her mom said that she thought that my ex did make a mistake by dumping me..(hope that makes sense) It's 2 months no communication and basically 4 months since I've actually seen her/ended things.

Any how.. I decided to cut myself off from all info. I don't want my mom giving me updates one way or another, they're proven to be pointless and they keep me from moving forward.

My question is.. could she be regretting her decision?? I mean she went to her mom and asked "mom do you think I made a mistake by leaving connor?"..

Thoughts and opinions? .. thank you

Number one, I want you to realize this is secondhand information and whoever wants you two back together may simply be manufacturing it and exaggerating it. More likely, one of them is prodding her about whether she has regrets and she said "Should I?"

Mothers can't be trusted. They're probably meddling.

What you should do it continue forward with your life and not make any comments that might get back to your ex through your mother. Then if in this void your ex still feels a burning urge to reunite, she knows where to find you.

"Could she?" Of course; anything is possible. In this case, it's likely. We all ask ourselves from time to time: "what if...?" A parent is someone an adult would likely ask questions like this. It doesn't mean much. It is likely just a passing thought she had, and verbalized in this case.

Your mom's updates may very well be pointless, but you're wrong about one thing. Those updates and your mom don't keep you from moving forward - only you can do that. You keep yourself from moving forward, and you ought to be honest with yourself about that.

Just because your EX may be wondering doesn't mean reconciliation is a good idea. Did you two fix or even address whatever was wrong? If not there is no sense going backwards. Your EX's mom only knows what your EX told her. The mom was outside your relationship so doesn't have a full picture. Her opinion that your EX made a mistake is not the definitive answer on the subject.

If you would prefer that your own mom not give you updates when she talks to your EX's mom, tell your mom that. An understanding parent will comply with your request

• Like 1

If she ever contacts you, then you may find out. I would suggest you don't listen to secondhand info. It's rarely ever accurate. She'll come to you if she's interested.