give your thoughts

My boyfriend of two months and i broke up yesterday. He said he didn't want a relationship any more and wanted to be alone because "he's always been like that." we broke up for 24 hours about a month ago and he came running back to me after he had regretted it immediately and cried all day. However, I found out from a friend yesterday that he hooked up with someone during those 24 hours. The beginning of our relationship was SO GOOD, he was affectionate and always hung out with me. For the last month, we only hung out late at night, he was constantly drunk/high when we did hangout, we never hungout alone, I kept having to give him these serious talks where I would tell him how I was feeling unwanted/unhappy (He considered this bitching and it was a joke amongst his friends). I told him he was losing me and he said he didn't want to but yet did NOTHING to change it. the night we broke up started off in a regular long talk but all he said was "i don't know" (this was so common because he can't deal with problems) and then he ended up saying he didn't know if he wanted to stay/leave. the whole breakup took about two hours. I was unhappy in the end, nobody wanted us together or thought it was healthy, etc. Yet i still sit here and want him back. he has issues he's never been in a relationship and I was the first girl he attempted to let in. Also, my "best friend" would talk bad about me to him and with him behind my back, especially when i complained that he was constantly high and not hanging out with me.

You ARE AT the beginning of your relationship. You think you know him, but you don't.

To hear you tell it,

My boyfriend of two months... For the last month ....

HALF of your relationship has been less than what you've hoped for.

It's ok to feel some disappointment, but don't blow this out of proportion. You simply have to learn how to observe reality, measure your feelings against what's actually happening, and adjust your behaviors and expectations accordingly.

Everybody goes through that struggle. Eventually, most get it right. You will too.

• Like 1