My ex's mom texted me today.. (Valentines Day)

Her mom texted me this

"Hey dear boy, I'm thinking of you today. I hope you're doing well and coping. You know you can call me anytime you need too. Sending all my love."

My ex Decided to stop trying to work on us right around 3.5 weeks ago.. I spoke with her mom shortly after the breakup and not that it matters but she expressed her feelings about the ordeal and stated that she thinks she will greatly regret this decision because she gave up something good and got sucked into the "party" lifestyle.. her mother comes from a good place I just don't know what to respond.

Any advice?

22M ex is 20F

You weren't dating the mom so just say thanks and move on. Your ex didn't text and already moving on, you should do the same.

Your EX's mom is being a mom. She knows that in the immediate aftermath of a break up everybody is hurting. She was trying to offer you a small measure of comfort because that is what moms do.

Your EX probably doesn't even know her mom reached out. Don't read anything into this.

Take some small comfort from knowing that the mom thinks you are good enough person for her to reach out.