Being ghosted!!!

So here's the thing,

I was in a 4 and half years relationship when last month my boyfriend ghosted me and after i went through phases I finally came into conclusion that it is breakup.

I didn't even know that it was called ghosting, i googled my situation till i finally got what has happened to me. I never got answers and it's really tough to cope with it. :(

We were so in love and good together, for 1 and half years of relationship we were in the same city but then due to job relocation we had 3 years of long distance relationship. Few months back i felt that he's becoming colder, i even mentioned it few times and everytime he used to say he's just tired and very busy, I didn't believe that but I thought maybe he's going through phases and he will be better , cuz everytime i asked why he does that he said he loves me and he will never lose me.

One month back one morning i texted him and he read the text but he didn't reply, then i got worried if he's ok and i kept texting and calling but no reply, i asked him why he's doing this and still no reply...

I just don't know what happened? He was so in love that I can't believe he didn't love me and he didn't care to reply even with one text.

Ps. I know I shouldn't do this but i check his updates on fb( cuz he has not deleted me or anything, he just doesn't reply me) and i see he puts things like he has no one and no love,,, like i was the one who left him :eek: while he was the one who left me!!

I was ghosted too.

It is horrible but you know what, the breakup talk is awful as well so in the end it doesn't really matter.

And actually I believe when you get ghosted at the end of a LDR, often your Ex partner is being "cruel to be kind" because they know that's the best chance you have at healing.

Ghosting is a cowardly move and no, they arent doing it because theyre kind. Someone who is kind or loves you will take the time to end things with you and treat you like a human being.

Be gratefl this coward is out of your life nd that he showed you who he really is. Did you block him everywhere?

Ghosting is a cowardly move and no, they arent doing it because theyre kind. Someone who is kind or loves you will take the time to end things with you and treat you like a human being.

Be gratefl this coward is out of your life nd that he showed you who he really is. Did you block him everywhere?

There's always both ways of looking at it I guess.

I was ghosted so I have no reason to defend it but I'm just saying in reality it probably no worse than having a breakup talk.

Is it really going to help you if you have a talk and they tell you how much they care but they still have to leave.

Probably depends on how long the relationship was going for. Anything longer than 6 months probably would be better to have a direct talk, especially if dumpee is seeking closure.

Being ghosted does not mean you will not hear from him later. Just this last week I received 2 texts from the dumper, after 5 months of NC.

Edited by marky00