Feelings from an old breakup coming up

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up officially more than a year ago. We kind of still kept in contact and hooked up, but I ended up just cutting him off because it was just a huge mess. He wasn't emotionally available to date me and didn't want to put the time or effort into our relationship. I, in turn, became clingy and emotional which caused him to pull away even more. Anyways, I haven't really talked to him in almost 5 months and have gotten over the breakup. I even recently started seeing someone new who I really like, things have been going great.

So, today I found out that my ex is dating a new girl (one that I previously asked him about while we were still hooking up and he denied it completely). This is understandable and I respect his relationship, but I can't help but feel slightly angry. For the better part of 2 years I basically yearned for him and tried to be with him and he was never really "available". Now it just kind of hurts to see him treating this random girl how I always just wanted to be treated by him. I can't help but feel like I just wasn't good enough and how he just played and used me for almost 2 years! I know I am over him, because in no way am I jealous of the fact he is dating her and not me, I am actually fairly happy for him. I am just mad at the situation and the fact he seems to have been such a dick to me about it all. I feel like he never really cared for me and that the time I was with I was a waste. I just feel like I look really dumb right now to be honest.:(

I don't want to hold a grudge over this old love and just move on from it, but I am at a loss as to how I can stop feeling this way. Any help is appreciated.

• Like 1