What a strange turn of events.....

Well last night I went over to my ex's place to fix her internet. Took a little while but finally figured out what was wrong. She was very happy, and even asked me to stay and watch the "apprentice" with her. so I did and as I'm leaving she gives me a hug. i don't know, but it just felt very natural for us both, and we were all over each other again. we couldn't do anything because her roomate was in her room at the time, but she promised that this weekend we would definitely hook up.

so today comes by, and she messages me and asks me what i'm doing tonight, etc. I can only really hang out tonight, and she is going out to celebrate her friend's bday party, so looks like this may all fall apart. She said she is going to try and see if she can get out early, but she said she isn't making any promises. Hopefully this will all turn out well.

LucreziaBorgia
Originally posted by sanne

she is going out to celebrate her friend's bday party, so looks like this may all fall apart. She said she is going to try and see if she can get out early, but she said she isn't making any promises. Hopefully this will all turn out well.

Caution. Serious caution.

focus on "all may fall apart", "try and see if she can get out early" and "she isn't making any promises" - those are very noncommittal sorts of things to say when you think you may need an out. She's giving you a disclaimer now in case she decides to back out - that way she won't look so bad, because after all... she warned you. Its up to you to listen carefully to what she's saying.

I hope it goes well for you, but protect your heart in the meantime. Better safe than sorry.

• Author

Well talked to her again. Asked her if she was just doing this for the sex, or if there were other reasons. She got unbelievably furious at me and hung up, and wouldn't call me back for 10 minutes. So I think I can assume she's not doing this for the sex. Anyways, we're now hanging out for sure tonight, she's gonna spend the night and I plan on taking her for a morning walk down by the beach, should be a lot of fun. I think I'll lay off any relationship talk tonight and just have some fun.

LucreziaBorgia
She got unbelievably furious at me and hung up, and wouldn't call me back for 10 minutes. So I think I can assume she's not doing this for the sex.

Looks like its going to be by her rules, then - she's definitely got the upper hand here and I expect she had you panicking for that ten minutes. Hopefully she won't take advantage of that fact and hurt you. You are in a very vulnerable position. Do your best to make it a fun, stress-free evening - and you are making a very wise choice to leave the 'relationship talk' out of it. It doesn't sound like its a relationship she wants - and bringing it up would likely mess up what could prove to be an otherwise romantic evening.

It would be pretty rare for it to be about 'just sex' - 'just sex' is only part of what she wants - you can include in that romance, flirting, affection - all the 'girlfriend/boyfriend' type stuff that she misses with you. We can only hope that with all those things she's taking - she'll be willing to give as well - willing to give you the relationship you want with her.

• Author

well she came over, we had sex like old times and she spent the night. Got breakfast in the morning as well. I don't know I think I'm gonna pursue NC for a while and let her come to me. I don't want to give off the impression that I'm needy, etc. I also don't want to be stuck in a situation where another dude comes along and I get dumped, if I start to feel like she is just stringing me along I'm going to end things quickly.

• Author

you know what, i'm tired of fighting this battle and playing this game for her love and affection. if she loves me and wants me, she needs to show me that, i'm tired of being the only one to fight for us. i realize this girl is just restricting me from growing as a person and fixing my own problems. i'm tired of constantly thinking about our relationship, i want out of this endless cycle of hurt and hope. i know in my heart i need to find a way to cut her out of my life. i guess getting her back showed me all of this quite clearly. So everyone, be careful what you wish for, u just might end up getting it and it could be not at all what you expected it to be.