How can I move on?

BrokenGirl24

My boyfriend of 2 and a half years just broke up with me 3 days ago! Yes we live together still, because I can't seem to find the strength to fully leave! Now keep in mind that I have been mentally physically and emotionally abused, he's made it clear that he wants to see other people, and that he only got back with me last year after 2 months because he felt bad or me, because I was hurting, and that he never really cared about me this whole time, and that he lost interest in me. Now I'm not trying to get him back, I'm trying to let him go! I'm always thinking about him being with someone else, because I don't want him to be! So far he hasn't found anyone else, but that time will come and it's going to kill me! He flirts with other girls at work, and it's breaking my heart! It's like he wants nothing to do with me he wants me to go back where my home town is, like he hates me? yet he talks to me sometimes and then asks to play a video game with him. I'm hurting so bad and I have no idea how to let him go! Memories of us is all I see, and knowing that we were more than fine just a couple of days ago! Idk how to do this! Someone please help me!

• Like 1

I'm sorry you're going through this. My best advice: Go home to your mother and all that is familiar and loving.

• Like 2

When he is out of the home, pack your things, have a friend come and pick you up. Head somewhere that is safe and loving.

There is nothing left in this anymore and the only thing for you to do is gather what's left of your dignity and walk away.

You've been conditioned to believe that this is the best that you'll get and you deserve. But it isn't and if you give yourself a chance, you're going to realize one day that walking away was the best thing you could have ever done for yourself.

And NO, you weren't fine a few days ago. He's been emotionally, mentally and physically abusing you throughout your relationhip. Unless you believe playing video games with you is such a wonderful gesture of love.

Edited by Zahara
  • Like 3

All you will get from keeping contact with him is more pain, more abuse, and more rejection.

You have to value yourself highly enough to erase him from your life.

You won't like the sound of this, but it's your best option:

*No direct contact.

*No sending or receiving of messages.

*Block any means he might use to contact you.

*No replies to anything that gets through your blocks.

*No indirect contact through third parties.

*De-friend or delete him from all social media.

*No monitoring of him on social media.

*No 'little birds' feeding you news.

*Tell people that you don't want to know anything about what he is doing or saying.

Anything else will just bring you more pain.

Take care.

• Like 1

Im sorry you are feeling such pain.

You just need to remind yourself daily that you deserve better. You deserve real love, and you deserve respect.

Its not going to be easy at all, but you need to move out. Go to your family, or find your own place.

You will realize on your own, you are probably much happier without him eventually.

Best of luck!

The biggest obstacle to you being able to start healing is that you LIVE together still. Please move out. Your ex has said some terrible things to you.. that he never cared about you? Really?? Who says that to someone that they just spent the last 2 years with. He's an ass and is saying things to hurt you and push you away instead of being an adult and saying that the relationship just doesn't work for him anymore.

If you don't have any friends you can stay with, think about going home for a while. Either way, you need to get out of that house, delete him from your social media, and go NC.. I like to call it relationship detoxing. I wish you all the best.

• 9 months later...
  • Author
BrokenGirl24

The day I created this accout in July 2016 I sent a post, and so many of you were so encouraging and positive! I ended up losin this page and never seen these replies until now :( I did end up getting back with him, and some days I really do regret it, I have considered lately counseling because to me it's like an addiction. I can't stand the pain of not bein with him, so I come back, even knowing he's a narccisst and is mentally abusin me. Some days it just doesn't seem anything like that. To anyone that has thought of going back to and ex after realizing how horrible they were trust me dont! Seek help if you must, but I promise you you'll feel stuck and like you can't breathe whether your with them or not. I want to thank everyone that sent the replies and tried helpin me! Thank you! It's people like you that will make a difference! Maybe if I hadn't lost this site, things would have been different and I would have went home to my family :(

1fish2fish

Oh honey. It's not too late! It's NEVER too late!

Sending you much love and hugs. xxx

• Like 1
  • Author
BrokenGirl24

Thank you, but I just wish I knew where my life was takin me. He's startin to go back into his old ways again, and i just can't find that strength in me to walk away for good. Its like someone puttin chains on you and the only time you don't feel the weight of the chains is when you're physically around him. I pray everyday for others to never be involved in somethin like this!