Heartbroken lovely lady

:(:( So as the title says , I am heartbroken and of course the culprit is love. I wanted to post on here and get some advice and words of wisdom from anyone who could be so nice to share. I see all the wise and intelligent people on here and need some help as i am not doing too well. It is also sometimes good to get perspectives from different people as I know we have all gone through this at one time or another ( unfortunately ) I am going to make a huge phone book story very short.

I met a guy over 10 years ago and we dated / honestly more like a FWB type deal. After some time we remained friends, The only guy I have ever stayed friends when what ever we had ended. Fast forward 5-6 years , after he asked me 500 times I agreed to see him again. After that = a full blown relationship - We were BF/ GF. I was hesitant at first because of course you get scared to feel and love and be loved.... but we fell in love and for a while it was great. I have to admit we are extreme opposites , He is quiet and relaxed I am a bit of a handful but I am also loving and very affectionate. We fought and fought and after a year and 4 months it was over.

He said he wanted to remain friends and loves me, Will always love me and maybe in the future when we settle our lives more we could be together. I told him NO, No to friends , No to anything. And I told him I needed to get over him and move on. Words that I regret now , after I told him that there was silence and he never got back to me since then. Nada ...no text no call.

I am really heartbroken and upset , Could we have stayed friends?? , He wanted at least some part of my life still and I said no. I have no idea what to do , It has been a week and 1 day since we last spoke and I said that. I really love him

and I would want to try for us , But I feel like I can't be friends right now. But I want to see him , But if I see him you know what will happen and then I will love him more.

Since I said that him I text him today and he did not respond at all....I hurt him , I fck myself booooooooooo

Let it go ? Easier said than done. I feel terrible and have to calm myself down - It is hell. Any advice ? I have a list of things to do , volunteer work, get a pet, work out , take classes yet I can't get out of my bed yet. I know it has only been a week and it takes time. What helped you before ?

Edited by Miss99

You don't say what you fought about. The only clue is that you say you're 'a handful'. Depends what you mean by that...but usually it's not a favourable description of someone. Your refusal to stay friends suggests that you like to have things your own way and perhaps have difficulty forgiving peoples mistakes. As far as what gets you through the misery of a break up, nothing, except time passing. If you're shallow you could find a transitional boyfriend to ease the pain, (this is what men usually resort to). He will call you soon enough, maybe in a week, maybe in a month, but if you take him for granted and do the sulky, offended party act you may lose him altogether.

Itspointless

I am sorry you are feeling like that. You did the right thing. How could you be friends if you are still feeling for him like you do? Also the fighting you two did does say that you both probably can find people who are better suited for both of you.

You are still attached, that is why you feel like that. Give yourself time and try to be nice to yourself. It will be hard for a time.