Need .

My ex broke up with me 2 weeks ago. We were together for 8 months, but we argued a lot, and we lived together for 5 months.

She said it was because we fought all the time, and she didn't want that around her 5 year old. She suffers from OCD, anxiety and depression to an extent.

I had to move back anyway to where i live due to my mum having cancer and needs support etc. So we live about an hour away from each other. I live on the mainland , she lives on an island.

Part of me wants to move on, as we will never live together again, or get married etc. But she has said to me she needs a few weeks to be with herself, to spend with her son. We both love and miss each other.

But as soon as i say i want to move on she is like, you don't love me, or you care about me because you can't wait a week or 2 for me to have time to myself.or am I not worth waiting for etc. And if I say I want to find someone else she is like " she will be fat and ugly like your use to " really nasty things like this.

I need advice please. Is she emotionally blackmailing me or does it seem like she is generally wanting to get back with me ?

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1
My ex broke up with me 2 weeks ago. .....I need advice please. Is she emotionally blackmailing me or does it seem like she is generally wanting to get back with me ?

Thanks everyone.

You need to tell her she either needs to sch*t or get off the potty.

She can't have it both ways. Either you work through whatever her issue is, together - as any established couple would - or you call it a day, go your separate ways and implement No Contact (see the NC Guide below, in my signature).

She can't push you away then decide to draw you back in, because she feels she wants your presence there for her convenience.

It's not blackmail. it's just plain selfishness.

But as soon as i say i want to move on she is like, you don't love me, or you care about me because you can't wait a week or 2 for me to have time to myself.or am I not worth waiting for etc. And if I say I want to find someone else she is like " she will be fat and ugly like your use to " really nasty things like this.

Patooks, you need to question why you'd love a woman who says such horrible things.