Ex called again last night...

So my ex and I broke up around a year back. yes, a year!! he dated another girl soon after our breakup but eventually ended up breaking up with her as well. I have tried to moved on since the breakup, i didn't date anyone but made a lot of new friends and am doing excellently in my personal and professional life.

please read my earlier threads to know more.

my ex is blocked on every mode of communication but yesterday i got call from a friend's number and when I picked up he (my friend) said that my ex wanted to speak to me. I didn't hang up and my ex started to talk about my health and work and my family (from his voice I felt as if he had been crying). We both talked about mundane stuff for a while and I was mostly giving one word answers. He ended up asking me if I have been fine, again and again. Finally he asked me to take care and we both said goodbye.

Why does he do this? He has already told me very clearly that he doesnt want to get back under any scenario. Is this just guilt? I am sure that it's not ego or having me as a safety net because I guess men don't cry over their safety net. My friend later told me that perhaps my ex is really confused and seeks me out during his weak moments in life. I don't know what to do. i really can't see this guy like this. He is one of the best people I have seen and has a lot of potential. I am beginning to feel guilty, I don't even know for what. I know that a part of me will always love him. Is this GIGS? I can make no sense of his behavior.

So my ex and I broke up around a year back. yes, a year!! he dated another girl soon after our breakup but eventually ended up breaking up with her as well. I have tried to moved on since the breakup, i didn't date anyone but made a lot of new friends and am doing excellently in my personal and professional life.

please read my earlier threads to know more.

my ex is blocked on every mode of communication but yesterday i got call from a friend's number and when I picked up he (my friend) said that my ex wanted to speak to me. I didn't hang up and my ex started to talk about my health and work and my family (from his voice I felt as if he had been crying). We both talked about mundane stuff for a while and I was mostly giving one word answers. He ended up asking me if I have been fine, again and again. Finally he asked me to take care and we both said goodbye.

Why does he do this? He has already told me very clearly that he doesnt want to get back under any scenario. Is this just guilt? I am sure that it's not ego or having me as a safety net because I guess men don't cry over their safety net. My friend later told me that perhaps my ex is really confused and seeks me out during his weak moments in life. I don't know what to do. i really can't see this guy like this. He is one of the best people I have seen and has a lot of potential. I am beginning to feel guilty, I don't even know for what. I know that a part of me will always love him. Is this GIGS? I can make no sense of his behavior.

This is nothing more than a breadcrumb. He wasn't able to reach you by any other method as he had been blocked so used one of your friends in order to 'check up' on you. He made an attempt to pry into your life and get information as to whether or not you are still hooked on him. Hence the number of time he asked if you are alright. Sounds like he was trying to gauge your emotional state.

Tell your friend that you'd appreciate it if he didn't allow your ex to contact you via that route again.

Your ex made no mention of trying to reconcile or that being his intention. This was a breadcrumb nothing more. He hasn't been able to get a lot of information on you so your blocking has clearly effected him but he is NOT saying that he wants you back or that he made a mistake. He is simply easing his own guilt and curiosity over where you are and what you are doing.

Edited by 266696687
  • Author
This is nothing more than a breadcrumb. He wasn't able to reach you by any other method as he had been blocked so used one of your friends in order to 'check up' on you. He made an attempt to pry into your life and get information as to whether or not you are still hooked on him. Hence the number of time he asked if you are alright. Sounds like he was trying to gauge your emotional state.

Tell your friend that you'd appreciate it if he didn't allow your ex to contact you via that route again.

Your ex made no mention of trying to reconcile or that being his intention. This was a breadcrumb nothing more. He hasn't been able to get a lot of information on you so your blocking has clearly effected him but he is NOT saying that he wants you back or that he made a mistake. He is simply easing his own guilt and curiosity over where you are and what you are doing.

Do you say that from experience? I have been wanting to hear more from the perspective of people who have been in my ex's shoes themselves.