Girl rips me apart in text saying she's done w/ me. Should I respond or give up?

frankthetank10

frankthetank10

I've been seeing this girl for about 2 months. Nothing serious. She had been initiating flirting and hinting at plans up to a week ago when she just went cold with one word responses. Her grandma was dying of cancer and I offered my support and let her know I'm here for her. She blew me off. I said I understood she was upset but didnt have to push me away. She replied with the following text:

"pushing you away? you practically friendzoned yourself. Listen i know you had good intentions but I've tried so hard to flirt with you and all you do is take me seriously and come off as a to my friends. I appreciate the flowers but I had to open my mouth to get them. Not once have you tried holding my hand, take me out to a real dinner date or even call me beautiful. Forget the fact that you didnt pull a move on me. Thats ok anyways because when you kiss me its like you're kissing for the first time. You have a strong personality and would be a great friend but as a boyfriend I'm sorry but the game you have isnt what I'm looking for. You always have to be right and any conversation we have turns into a playful argument. I cant stand that. Listen my grandmother is practically on her death bed, and has hours left. I'm learning the hard way that life is short. So im just gonna say it. I just dont think what you have to offer is good enough for what i need. I dont want to come off mean but i practically have to spell everything out for you"

There is plenty of this that is untrue but I havent responded to this. No sense arguing when shes like this. What should I do from here?

Should I just give her space and reinitiate again at a later time?

Should I just walk away and never respond again due to her being disrespectful and insulting me?

Should I just go no contact and wait for her to contact me (if at all) and then take things from there?

Is she completely done with me and I have zero chance as it seems to be or is that just the grief, anger, and frustration from the death coming out towards me?

Any help and advice would be appreciated

Looks like the tank was lumbering along a little too slowly for "sweep me off my feet" girl. Whether it is 10% true or 90% true, what is 100% true is this is what she thinks.

She's right too, life IS too short for you to be chasing a girl who thinks all that about you.

Time to motor on.

Don't respond and walk away. She already made up her mind about you.

I think her message was really disrespectful, she's basically saying you're not good enough for her. Unless she apologizes some time in the future, ignore her from now on.

What a piece of work haha.

All that after only 2 months.

Normally I wouldn't suggest revenge but wow, this girl is asking for some serious karma action. Shes basically insulted you and given you no right of reply.

Sure you can go NC but as she has outlined, that is unlikely to affect her in any way until she matures in like 10 years (if she ever does).

NC is always a good option as it doesn't fuel the fire but if you come up with a great revenge plan post it here and see what the folks here think.

• Author
frankthetank10

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had been leaning towards just walking away. What confuses me though is up until a week ago she was pushing to meet up so I wondered if the anger at losing her grandma was being projected onto me. Idk. The flowers thing annoyed me though because she was already bringing that up after only 2 dates. I know to get girls flowers but that soon? And by her bringing it up puts me in a no win situation. If I dont get them, then obviously I'm an inconsiderate but if I do its only because she told me too. I cant win. And I sent them to her job a few weeks later because I knew she was stressed and that is how she shows appreciation? The ungratefulness and entitlement bothers me.

I think she suffers from very low self esteem and insecurities due to her father abandoning her when she was younger and her fiance dumping her a month before her wedding last year. That has left her in an unhealthy state mentally. I was willing to try to make it work because we have many similar interests but she was rushing things as if she was in a race to get the ring back on her finger she lost last year. She needs that along with flowers, gifts, compliments to feel wanted and help smooth over her lack of self esteem she has.

Its unfortunate what happened because things started so well, she was sweet, and we have so many things in common. Both very optimistic of the potential. But I do lack dating experience and have some anxiety so my taking things slow and being cautious did play a role in things. I think both not being a dating veteran combined with progressing cautiously because i didn't want to screw up, screwed things up. But she is not without her flaws in things too but my lack of 'game' didnt help. You live and learn. Reflecting on things and advice from you guys leads me to having to accept this once very promising girl isnt the one. I will not write back to explain or beg and will just let things be as they are and fade out.