Why did he leave me on Facebook but no other social media?

To sum up my breakup: we've been NC for the entire month we've been broken up. He said he didn't want any more contact with me because I would "run him into the ground" and I noticed he stopped following me on all social media, except he left me on his Facebook? Why is this? Why did he delete me from Twitter, Instagram, and snapchat but left me on Facebook?

I was crying the entire time I contemplated it tonight but I finally removed him from my Instagram and Facebook. It hurt since we had been together 5 years, but I had to do it because I was constantly looking for any updates on him.

I'm just curious as to what you guys think his reasoning was for keeping me on his Facebook and nothing else? Not that it matters anymore, but I use Facebook as much as I do any other social media.

Probably isn't much of a reason behind it, certainly not the reason you are hoping for. Maybe he left it open to see whether you DID run him into the ground. Either way NC means No Contact at all, not as a game strategy but as a way for you to move on. You did the right thing.

• Author

I feel like I will realize that it was a good idea to let him go on all forms of social media, but it still hurts very much right now. Too much for me to understand that it was a good idea.

After all, I thought I was going to marry this man since we had made it five years. I'm still trying to get myself back on my feet even though it's already been 4 weeks.