Should I delete pictures of my ex?

thejabberwocky

So my ex and I were together for 6 years and it ended badly.

I blocked him on social media but I still have 6 yrs worth of pics of him on my Facebook, instagram, etc.

I was thinking these are memories and I should just leave them, but now I'm realizing this might look really creepy to anyone who I may date in the future.

Should I delete 6 yrs worth of pics? What do you do here?

And there is no chance I would take him back.

So my ex and I were together for 6 years and it ended badly.

I blocked him on social media but I still have 6 yrs worth of pics of him on my Facebook, instagram, etc.

I was thinking these are memories and I should just leave them, but now I'm realizing this might look really creepy to anyone who I may date in the future.

Should I delete 6 yrs worth of pics? What do you do here?

And there is no chance I would take him back.

after 6 years together i'm sure you have pictures other than the ones on fb and instagram. you probably have some printed pictures or others that are saved to computer files. use the ones you have offline as memories instead. delete the fb/instagram ones and just use photos on computer discs or in scrapbooks as your memories. they are worth keeping in a box someplace, but not online.

• Like 1
  • Author
thejabberwocky

I have all of these pictures saved, I wouldn't delete them, but it's just the having them public that I'm wondering about.

It'll be kind of a lot of work to delete 6 years of pics, should I just delete recent ones? What about ones where we're with my whole family or groups of friends? It's all so confusing.

His mom and I are still Facebook friends - I don't want to delete her, she's always been so kind to me. Do I untag the pics she has of us? It's so confusing.

organizedchaos
I have all of these pictures saved, I wouldn't delete them, but it's just the having them public that I'm wondering about.

It'll be kind of a lot of work to delete 6 years of pics, should I just delete recent ones? What about ones where we're with my whole family or groups of friends? It's all so confusing.

His mom and I are still Facebook friends - I don't want to delete her, she's always been so kind to me. Do I untag the pics she has of us? It's so confusing.

Edit privacy > set to "only me"

Problem solved.

YOUR well being is most important here. Not his mom's, not him, not mutual friends. There is nothing to be confused about. Right now you need to do what is in your best interest for your healing. F'k what others think.

Don't erase your past. It's part of you and your story. Just because that part of your life is over doesn't mean you need to take steps to expunge it any traces of it.

I don't think it's necessary to delete all of your pictures. I have pictures of all of my exes on my computer, but only I can look at them which I rarely do.

Stage5Clinger

Dated a girl who was "separated" and still had crazy amounts of pictures with the ex husband and her last ex boyfriend online. Amazingly big turnoff. Then she came over and told me about the miscarriage she had with him.. and I thought I was going to get some that night.

NoLeafClover

Copy them to your computer and delete them from your social media..if im your next bf I wouldn't wanna see that crap. Then all my friends and family start adding you on fb and wanna creep up on your pics and see pics of you all over your ex ... that wouldn't be a pretty picture to see.

If you keep them to be seen as "only me", and your new man happens to see those pics (maybe you are showing him your fb logged in as you), I am sure he would think you still love your ex that's why you are saving those pics.

Btw my ex and I were together for 7 yrs. 90% of my fb pics was uploaded and tagged from her account. When we broke up, she took them all down and although it was painful to see, I agree it was the right thing to do.

Edited by NoLeafClover
  • Author
thejabberwocky

Deleted everything except for a couple group shots that aren't couple-y and I want to keep the memories of the rest of that time.

It is weird but I feel better!

• Like 2