Does your first love reserve a special place in your heart above all other exes?

No. every man I have loved added something of value to my life. . . some taught me how to cook, one taught me to fish, another mad grad school fun. As a result they all hold a special place in my heart but that nostalgia in no way detracts from my amazing husband.

• Like 3

Love the responses above.

My first love is special to me because he was my first love. But he's not above my others at all :)

I agree with Donnivain, they all teach you something- you don't need to be in love for that to be true. I personally believe that if you truly love a person they should always have a special place in your heart :)

Sxxx

• Like 1
And how so?

Yes she was very special for me, I made friends with her when I was 21 and at age 22 we broke up, she still had a special place in my heart until I was 25, when my mother accidentally came across her picture on facebook, and I felt even ashamed of saying that she was my ex. she kept telling me ''it is her'' and I kept saying ''No you are mistaken'' well, she was not mistaken, she was the one. what was I thinking? I had the picture of someone else in my mind all these years. and how much did I grieve after BU... I was a moron.

• Author
No. every man I have loved added something of value to my life. . . some taught me how to cook, one taught me to fish, another mad grad school fun. As a result they all hold a special place in my heart but that nostalgia in no way detracts from my amazing husband.

Was it more about the activities or the person?

sparkles_and_me

Not really. I felt a special kind of love for every guy I've been in a relationship with.

But here I am hoping to find the last guy that I will love and who will love me and be with forever. :D

My 1st love and RS was really nice. I still sometimes remember the good times we had.

But it did not last as she was young. And i was little unexperienced too so we ran into issues.

She was crazily jealous about everything. She did not even let me watch Miss Finland competition. "oh you want to f*ck those b*tches anyway!!!"

I had my flaws too. I was little jealous of her too. She was VERY beautiful. She even was a model at one point. Anyway, we grew apart.

She dumped me 3 times during RS and 3rd time was the final. I decided: That's it. No more.

I never knew if she cheated me for sure, but after our 2nd breakup she spent a night at her friends (guy) place.

After she dumped me she said things like "Oh, i could get you back anytime i wanted"

"Your new girlfriend is definitely not a 10. WTF is all that curly hair??!"

And she also came to the place where i worked to show her new jeans

"Look at my new jeans, see how my butt looks like in these ;)"

Oh yeah. She was very, very beautiful. I haven't dated as beautiful woman ever yet.

We still had fun times but breakup was very stormy. Stormy indeed. We were "friends" a while after breakup...but i was being a douche.

She asked me to help her in her school project, she needed a hair model for her school work. She was studying to become a barber/stylist. I promised i would go.

Then i was being a total a-hole and "sorry. I can't make it. Get someone else".

I was mad at her. And back then i thought "she hurt me like hell, why sould i help her?! She wouldn't help me". But now i think back and "wow, what a total a-hole i was to her".

We were together for 2,5 years. I was her first RS as well.

She was 16 when i met her. I was 22 myself. We still had fun. Even her parents approved it. I remember when she told me "my father doesn't like you being so old..."

But after they met me they liked me. I am a nice guy =)

I still miss her family. They were great. I really felt like home there. And her father made the strongest damn drinks ever :D

I would still love to see her someday, just talk about stuff. She has a special place in my heart, and

if she ever comes to me, asking help (she won't but IF) i will help her.