Ex gf initiated texting then randomly stopped?!

So I was with this girl I love very much for three months (January-March), she ends things at the end of March because we are attending different universities now, and didn't want a relationship going into Uni, anyways I kept in contact with her for the first three months post break up, made mistakes like pouring out my heart etc. then I finally stopped and went NC for around 1 month and a half, her, and her family were in a car accident so I broke contact asking if they were fine, and they were, proceeded to go back into NC, now... About a month later, (we've both been in Uni for a month now) she texted me asking how schools going, which is weird cause she never initiated contact before, so I texted her pretty much all day, though her texts were like an hour apart so I did the same, anyways all of a sudden she stopped replying, the conversation was not dry at all, it ended with her asking me about a certain course, I replied, asked how her course was but got no response, so I left it at that. Just really confused why she suddenly stopped texting even though she initiated it.

I was actually moving on until she messaged me, deep down I would do anything to have a relationship with her but given the circumstances it is not possible. Right person, wrong timing type of situation. Thanks for reading this and any replies would be appreciated thanks,

- James

thejabberwocky

Hey James, it sounds like she was bored and wanted to see if you're still interested. Sorry. If she wanted to be with you, she would be. :(

• Author
Hey James, it sounds like she was bored and wanted to see if you're still interested. Sorry. If she wanted to be with you, she would be. :(

Thanks for the reply, I'm still interested in her but that being said, if she wants something she can let me know, also if she does it again I'm going to call her out, she must of had some intention to be reaching out to me unless like you said she was bored

She was curious what you were up to; got her update, and faded accordingly.

This is one of the reasons it's suggested you remain NC with your ex if you still want to be with them. If they aren't interested in reconciliation, then you're just letting yourself be led on and, eventually, disappointed.

• Author
She was curious what you were up to; got her update, and faded accordingly.

This is one of the reasons it's suggested you remain NC with your ex if you still want to be with them. If they aren't interested in reconciliation, then you're just letting yourself be led on and, eventually, disappointed.

I'm just afraid that if I ignore her, she'll lose interest and won't reach out again, and she'll think I don't like her no more

You guys were barely together. Three months is a very short time. At this point, you've been apart TWICE as long as you were together. I'm not marginalizing your feelings, but at this point, you have to consider that this was not much more than a passing college relationship and that she has likely moved on. Don't waste these prime years for meeting new people pining away for someone who doesn't want you.

• Author
You guys were barely together. Three months is a very short time. At this point, you've been apart TWICE as long as you were together. I'm not marginalizing your feelings, but at this point, you have to consider that this was not much more than a passing college relationship and that she has likely moved on. Don't waste these prime years for meeting new people pining away for someone who doesn't want you.

I know she has moved on, and I feel like I have to, I have been interested other women, in fact the day she texted me, I was speaking to someone whom I like, it's like she had a six sense and texted me haha. I'll be honest, in a perfect world I would love to have her back but that's highly unlikely, I'm moving on, my door will always be open for her, but I'm not waiting, she knows where to find me and I'm certainly moving forward without looking back