Was this comment an indirect personal attack?

Today I checked my ex's Facebook page and I saw he left a comment on the picture of his friend and her new boyfriend.

He told her something along the lines of "he's not uptight and doesn't wear fancy clothing, he's therefore no drama".

I feel slightly "attacked" as I'm a women who enjoys wearing fancy clothes (unlike his exes who were rather casual). Also, he used to complain I was too "uptight like most lawyers".

Am I right to feel as though this is an indirect personal attack?

He dumped me two years ago because he didn't want to commit. Yet, for whatever reason, I feel as though this comment is the sign of a certain bitterness towards me.

I'm vexed. We haven't spoken since he dumped me because he "only liked me body" and "sex was the only thing [he] was interest in with me. I cut him off cold turkey right away and disappeared from his life. He hasn't seen or heard from me since.

I unblocked him two days ago and I was surprised to see this comment on his friend's page today. This friend isn't a common friend, I was browsing.

He's been "officially" single since he dumped me two years ago although I do not doubt he's had some one night stands and flings here and there.

Would you take this as a personal attack? Why would it be? HE dumped me?!

Edited by ShiningMoon

Block him again.

He said enough to justify blocking him 2 years ago.

*No direct contact in either direction.

*No sending or receiving of messages.

*Block any means he might use to contact you.

*No replies to anything that gets through your blocks.

*No indirect contact through third parties.

*De-friend or delete from all social media.

*No monitoring of him on social media.

*No 'little birds' feeding you news.

*Tell people that you don't want to know anything about what he is doing or saying.

• Like 2
I unblocked him two days ago and I was surprised to see this comment on his friend's page today. This friend isn't a common friend, I was browsing.

That was a mistake. I plan to never unblock my Ex for this reason alone.

May I ask why after 2 years you even care what your Ex is doing or saying on social media? Just curious.

• Like 2

After 2 years of No Contact, I highly doubt this was a dig at you. He probably moved on long ago.

Why do you care, anyway?

Delete him for good.

• Like 3
  • Author
That was a mistake. I plan to never unblock my Ex for this reason alone.

May I ask why after 2 years you even care what your Ex is doing or saying on social media? Just curious.

I don't know. I was curious. I wondered what he was up to since he didn't have a job when he dated, he was broke. So I wanted to see if he was doing better. Then, I found this comment ...

I care about my exes even if I'm not in touch with them. I check all of them out once in a while.

I didn't see the point in keeping him blocked, after all, he was the one who dumped me. If I had been the one to dump him, I would have kept him blocked to make sure he doesn't contact me, but since he dumped me and hasn't come back, it's safe to assume unblocking him isn't a problem as I won't be contacting him or monitoring his Facebook activities.

Snip

I didn't see the point in keeping him blocked, after all, he was the one who dumped me. If I had been the one to dump him, I would have kept him blocked to make sure he doesn't contact me, but since he dumped me and hasn't come back, it's safe to assume unblocking him isn't a problem as I won't be contacting him or monitoring his Facebook activities.

It was enough of a problem to upset you and bring you here.

• Like 2
Snip

It was enough of a problem to upset you and bring you here.

I don't know what to say Moon, he's got ya there. :p

• Like 1