Too much stress

soulfulhabbon

I'm 22 years old and my boyfriend is 23. We been together for a year and a half. Our relationship was wonderful, no major issues till a week ago. My boyfriend has always been very kind and loving me. The first guy to love me for who I am. He always reassured me he would never leave me, and that he wanted to be my last love(2 weeks ago) . My boyfriend seems to have a few enemies, two of his friends added me on social media, and I became close friends with them. My boyfriend always knew, and never minded. One of two friends later introduce me to this other guy. He claimed he needed help with classes. Later I find out the third guy was my bf enemy, and he wanted to sleep with me to get back at my boyfriend. I immediately told my boyfriend, and cut him off. I also cut of the two other friends because how could they introduce me to the awful guy. However, before any of this came out, I hung out with one of the two friends, nothing ever happened. I told my boyfriend I was going to hung out with one of my guy friends. He said it was okay.

Fast forward to this week, my boyfriend's younger sister was attacked by her crazy ex boyfriend. He got into a fight with his parents . Then he hears that mutal friend I hung out with is claiming he slept with me, and was dating me on the side. He called me up, and was acting so strange, saying I should not have hung with the guy. That his mind is not functioning right, he needs a break. The next day I confront the guy that they claimed said he slept with me and he claimed he never said it or did it. I showed my boyfriend and he said he always believed me, but his mind not functioning right too much is happening. Then one second he goes his going to do some evil things to the guy who beat up his sister, and that I should move on forever. He wants to be left alone, and that I should forget him. I started the NC today. Do you think he is just overwhelmed and needs time?

• Author
soulfulhabbon

He has also said that he feels bad that I was dragged into his mess. I love him to death, I don't want a stupid lie to be reason our relationship breaks. A part of me is also hurt that he didn't try to fight for our relationship. However, from knowing him he is a sensitive soul and doesn't deal with stress well. I want to get him back, but I don't want him to think it's okay to deal with things in this matter.

He wants to be left alone, and that I should forget him. I started the NC today. Do you think he is just overwhelmed and needs time?
I don't know what he's feeling, but all you can do is to give him the space he's requested. Do NOT live under the assumption than you will be getting back together/staying together. This will only delay your healing. Begin trying to accept the fact that you two are no longer together, as of today. Reclaim your live as a single individual without him.

I can tell you that it is very anxiety-producing to live in the limbo where you do not know if you are in a relationship or not. So, you are NOT. Begin accepting this.

Lastly, you two are young, and while you cannot see it now, this r/s likely would not have lasted for the rest of your life. Part of being young is going through breakups. You WILL get over this one. But you have to stop waiting around. Someone who wants to be with you will be CERTAIN about that.

You'll be fine.

PS. He may just need a few days to realize how crazy he's been acting. You have done nothing wrong here. Either way, give the space. Breathe.

Thank you so much, I been driving myself insane thinking maybe I did something wrong.
No! They're all being total d-bags, and your BF isn't trusting you. If anything, you should break up with HIM for not believing you.

Give him time; if he stays angry for something you DID NOT DO, let him go.

• Author
soulfulhabbon

This was the only seeious relationship I had ever been on. I asked him in the beginning to let me know if I do anything that might hurt him. I even asked him what he considered cheating and said the usual sex, touchy, or telling a man I loved him. I haven't done any of that, and I was always honest. I'm going let him deal with his stress, while I heal.