My ex left me for my next door neighbour who I thought was my friend!!!

So where to begin...Anyway this gguy had always had the hots for me from wen we were kids . Then he finally after 12yrs sent me a message on Facebook and we'll things kick off from there, I was out of the country working but he did come to visit me for new yrs and we flew bak home together. And in that time he had proposed to me and I said t was way too soon.soon . he wanted us to get hitched in that country. So we head back to our home country together...well there were things I did like breaking it on and off bt t would be like for a day because this was the first time I was in a serious relationship ps he is 26 and am 25. So the first months were hard for me as I had to adjust being back home with no job and he seemed understanding. Then I find out that he was talkn and seeing his ex dat was a no no because I had to get it out of him. So I said we r dne and we didn't speak for like a week. That very weekend on a Sunday we had a function at one of my next door neighbours (a) and this gy was a family friend to the next door neighbour. So I didn't see him the whole function bt saw his brother and I said watsup. Next day I text hm tto ask f he was ok n he says that he wanted out and has been wanting to bbe on his own for a while. Understand this boy really loved me abut after the function everything changed. So am like f there is a way we cn work t out he we should meet, he agrees to try and work t out but now ts me doing all the messaging and calling him so this goes on for aabout a month and gy he had tld me at the function he had been connected to another next door neighbour (b) to do business and I was like ok. NywayNyway eventually he is like we need sspace and am like space or do u want a breakup. Eventually after like 2weeks he says he pray I find the man I deserve and all citing that he has washed his hands from the relationship , he tried giving me another chance and he didn't like what he saw. Being really rude about t. So I left the situation and a week later he pulled up in front of my workplace with a gal and the gal is my next door neighbour b. I was so dumbfounded. This is where it gets messy I had gone to visit the neighbor(b) a month after the function and had talked to her mother and the mother kept asking me detailed information about my relationship and she knew the gy I was talking about and I figured she was probably fishing for information for her daughter. Her daughter is very beautiful and really am kinda intimidated. But all this smells shady and I have run into them once be4 from a distance and I kept my distance and maintained no contact. Iam just shocked at how this boy could move frome one neighbour to the next and have no shame. As for the gal so dsappointdsappointment atleast come up to me and let me know and her and her mom keep pretending like nothing is up.up . Ts been a month of no contact and am fair. I just feel like it is all too shady and all my friends are like ignore them let them be and keep it moving. What do u all think ps he blamed me for so much and I was good to him.

It sounds like the most healthy thing for you to do is keep up with NC and move on. Not all relationships are going to work out, but the way he handled things was not good. It doesn't sound like he would ever be someone you would be able to trust in the future.

Let it go. There's something better for you.

I'm going to guess that English isn't your first langue, but I think I got the foundation of your problem.

It seemed really funny that he wanted to get married so quickly, and when you told him that it was too soon, he started looking around. And why he wanted to get married in a foreign country?

Do you think it's possible that he just wants someone to marry to get out of the country you two are currently in? I mean, it sounds like you have a opportunity to travel a lot for your job. Do you think he's looking for a way out?

• Author

Iam definitely keeping no contact and doing my best to move on. As for my next door neighbour he has started dating it was even more disappointing after I found out because I felt the right thing to do was just give me a heads up.

English is actually my first language was just using alot of short hand.

No he didn't want to marry me to get out of the country I think he just had alot of lust or love in the beginning and it faded out I guess. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.