Does Length of Relationship factor in Reconciliation Odds?

So i wsa wondering if there is any truth or fact to this? I hear some ppl say the shorter u were with ur GF/BF the worse the odds that the dumper comes back to try and get back together... What is the definition of short term or long term? I was in a LDR so it complicates matters more for me, but it was a little over a year.

• Author
I think the length of separation does more

The length of the seperation does what more?

Based on what I've read about people's stories on this forum, I'd have to say NO.

Some people lose their BF/GF after a few weeks, others a few months, many a few years, and some a couple of decades.

One common thread seems to be that the chances of long-term reconciliation (I mean re-kindling) are slim to just a little above none.

It happens, but not as much as you might think.

Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Author
Based on what I've read about people's stories on this forum, I'd have to say NO.

Some people lose their BF/GF after a few weeks, others a few months, many a few years, and some a couple of decades.

One common thread seems to be that the chances of long-term reconciliation (I mean re-kindling) are slim to just a little above none.

It happens, but not as much as you might think.

Sorry.

Wow. So depressing to hear.... :(:(:(

^That's the hard truth. Even if people do reconcile it doesn't last very long, they're just trying to evade the inevitable.

What I don't understand is how a person can trust someone who once left them. I'd be on red alert if I ever took an ex back! Wouldn't believe a f*cking thing she said and would never be able to forget the way she hurt me.

No thanks. Start fresh with someone new.

• Like 4
Pretty much every girl I have ever dated has tried to reconcile with me sometime in the future. The key to this? Self improvement. Instead of sitting around the house and sulking all day, get out and live your life. When your ex decides to snoop in on your life one day down the road, something most of them do, she will see how great things are for you.

Did you ever reconile with any of them ?

What I don't understand is how a person can trust someone who once left them. I'd be on red alert if I ever took an ex back! Wouldn't believe a f*cking thing she said and would never be able to forget the way she hurt me.

No thanks. Start fresh with someone new.

So true. I think that's where the expression "walking around on egg shells" came from. You never know when the next pink slip is coming.