To post a qoute on Social Media or not?

Hey guys,

It's been almost a month since my breakup. Although, it's felt like a lifetime, I can truthfully say, I am feeling much better lol. I still have thoughts during the day where I feel sad and think about her for moments, but I quickly catch my thoughts instead of dwelling on it. I've also started going out again and heading to the gym. It's amazing how much better you can feel if you start emphasizing these things.

I deleted my ex's phone number/FB/Instagram but we still have a few mutual friends, many of whom I have known longer than her and I have no reason to defriend them. I was thinking about posting a motivational quote about life, obstacles and moving on... It's not specific, just very generic but I know she probably will find out about it since few of our mutual friends will let her know.

So is this a good idea or bad? I want to do it for myself, but at the same time I am aware that if I do it, word might get back to her and I don't know if it's a good idea. I don't want her to assume I am still thinking about her.

Unlucky_I_Guess

If there's a chance she'd hear about it I wouldn't. They don't need to know you think about them at all, which is exactly what they'll think.

What ^^ Oregon dude said.... Cmon with these memes and motivational quotes guys... Jeez..... If you are putting this much thought into why your ex's reaction may or may not be regarding a freaking quote on IG then perhaps you're not as over her as you might think you are. If you were then you'd post whatever you want and not give a **** what anyone said or told her or what she thought. Post some kittens and red bottomed heels while you're at it just cuz.

• Like 2

Post whatever you want to post. :)

I am good friends with my ex boyfriend's friend, she's cool as hell and she's a great person, I **** you not, I share whatever I please and pushes me to get better on my Facebook page. :)

Do you and forget the rest. :)

post it HERE and let US know. That should feel plenty good enough!!! People who post motivational quotes on social media i always see as hurting inside. Don't do it =)

• Like 2

Facebook sucks. I call it Fakebook b/c that's exactly what it is.

I logged out after blocking my ex and haven't been back since.

• Like 2

One of my exes posted many quotes after I didn't took him back for being an idiot.

He looked more like an idiot.

Whatever the circumstances, my advice is: don't do it....

If you want to give a message then it means you are not letting go, and I can't blame you for that, but it is way better if you just stay indifferent.

That's something a chick would do.

So, if you want to retain your testicles.. no.

That's the winning ticket!

That's the kind of **** girls do. So, unless I'm reading you wrong, no, don't.

NeverHurtSoMuch

I wouldn't, but only because your social media is not only meant for her but for others as well, and genuinely nobody would care about the quote. And also what Oregon dude said

• Author

Thanks for knocking some sense into me guys. That was a huge moment of relapse on my part. You guys are completely right, I would look silly and weak if I did. Seriously, thank you all who said it like it is.

...but you are still thinking about her :p

I never said I was not thinking about her. It's still only about a month and it still hurts. The only difference is I don't let my thoughts go out of control for long periods of time like before. I just catch myself and say 'STOP IT' and think about other things in the present.

I want to throw up in my mouth when I see posts like that on FB or Instagram. I think "really", is someone feeling needy and wants some attention?

OP- the only post you should do is after you meet and are dating a new, hot chick. Make it a real close up w/you both cheek to cheek, with big smiles. The sooner you do this, the better the reaction you'll get.

• Like 1
I want to throw up in my mouth when I see posts like that on FB or Instagram. I think "really", is someone feeling needy and wants some attention?

You can say that again, attention .. pfft. My Ex bought sexy new clothes, had her nails, hair and makeup done professionally and then had a professional photographer take glamor shot of her. So she made an announcement that it was time for a new profile pic. The she made another post showing off all the new photos of her doing various things, i.e. replacement photos of the ones she deleted of us together. Needless to say she got a ton of likes and comments about how awesome she looks, and the "Dayum! You're single now? wtf? Nice!" comments.

She got what she wanted from her "friends". I met 1 person who she called her friend IRL the whole time we were together. And she came around maybe 2 times in 4 years. I suppose if you count family as friend, she has like 6. I hear my Ex is hanging around 20 somethings now. Good for her.

You can say that again, attention .. pfft. My Ex bought sexy new clothes, had her nails, hair and makeup done professionally and then had a professional photographer take glamor shot of her. So she made an announcement that it was time for a new profile pic. The she made another post showing off all the new photos of her doing various things, i.e. replacement photos of the ones she deleted of us together. Needless to say she got a ton of likes and comments about how awesome she looks, and the "Dayum! You're single now? wtf? Nice!" comments.

She got what she wanted from her "friends". I met 1 person who she called her friend IRL the whole time we were together. And she came around maybe 2 times in 4 years. I suppose if you count family as friend, she has like 6. I hear my Ex is hanging around 20 somethings now. Good for her.

I don't go on FB much these days. Why? I get SSOO sick of all the same people (mainly women) posting pictures of themselves MULTIPLE times a day "look at me, look at me"... My GF and I both talk about this all the time as it drives us crazy while at the same time, I wonder what those people are missing that the need constant attention.

• Like 1
My GF and I both talk about this all the time as it drives us crazy while at the same time, I wonder what those people are missing that the need constant attention.

We are very much like minded in that regard. Your GF sounds awesome BTW.

The whole on-line paper trail has me dumbfounded as well. I miss actually talking to people. Now all you see are pictures and daily diaries of what various people are up too. I don't use any of that twitter instagrams, Facebooks etc. it doesn't enrich my life. Facebook validates people, it's like if they don't post it on Facebook it doesn't matter.

I'm embarrassed to post anything on Facebook. Who the hell wants to see the pictures I took at the zoo or read updates on my new hairdo? Less has always been more for me. In fact I plan to turn my page into a Twin Peaks themed nightmare, then log off for a year or two. :D

• Like 2