my ex texted me a year of no contact very vague message

were together for 12 years we had our ups and downs but stuck through it. In the 9th year together I bought us a home. We moved in and for three years we were living together. I will not lie or glorify myself I messed up a lot. It was not until the 12th year I had started to see work was not everything and wanted to start a family with her and let go of my insecurities That I was ready to start the next step marriage and children. this was to little to late. After a business trip I notice a distance between us she was done. It started with her saying she saw us living together as best friends and she was done after that I spent a lot of time trying to show I cared and loved her. I even proposed to her. but she was already opening dating profiles and seeing other man behind my back. After I found out I was broken. She then again tried to give it another shot. For a month we were working on it she swore she loved me and wanted to be with me. Then my grand father died after the funeral the next morning she told me she was leaving for good. I found out she was talking to a guy from online. looks just like me what friends and family tell me only he drives a bmw seems more successfull. I felt used traded up for a better model. I never thought she could be so mean. She was a kind loving woman. I had faults but not to warrant her raiding the house taking a box of condoms from our bathroom. For a year I figured she saw me as a joke. What made it worse was seeing her moved on with her man on Facebook and a ring on her finger. After that about 7 months I deleted old post blocked her. For a year and few months I had not heard a word from her until yesterday when she texted me out of nowhere about her having my deceased fathers wallet she happen to have? a very vague message almost business like message with a so sorry to bother and a telling me who this message is from on the bottom like I don't recognize this number. It literally took me back to the pain. I had a whole year to think of my actions and faults. what kills me the most was the best friend I lost in her. I just am not sure how to handle this I do miss her and think about her daily but I regret how it all ended. We're both 29 I feel like I'm a joke in her eyes. Any ways I have not replied back. Not sure if I should. Please help.

I don't think you should text her back, unless you really want that wallet. You've come this far with nc, and you know texting her will set you back. I miss my ex too, and it's been about a year since break up. It's hard, man. I bet she is just testing to see if you are still wanting to be with her. She sounds selfish. Stay strong.

La.Primavera

From what you have described she doesn't deserve your love let alone your friendship. Even her message sounds manipulative. Using the loss of your father as a way to get your attention is really low, in fact it is disgusting! She just happens to have a wallet that belonged to him and kept it until now. Using it as a random way to worm her way back in your life is not ok!

You have to decide if you want someone who treats you this way in your life. She threw your love back in your face and hooked up with other guys and then has the audacity to expect you will be grateful she has bothered to contact you again. Personally I would ignore all attempts at communication and block her. She has shown her true colors and does not have good intentions. You are wise to not reply.

You deserve so much better!

Edited by La.Primavera