Long-Term relationship breakoffs..are they clean?

When you have been in long relationships....

How many of you broke off and never contacted each year?

After years later do u still sometimes think of the person and become happy/sad?

How long is long? My case, we were together three years and lived together for two. She wants a complete break and since I am the spineless dumpee, i had contacted her off and on, only to end up in more pain each time. Now that she has this new guy, we probably will never contact each other again for the rest of our lives. I have dumped out all the stuff that reminds me of her and I am pretty sure she will do the same as she did before when we were together.

IhavenoFREAKINclue

In my case, we were together 2 and a half years and living together for 2. We recently broke up this halloween and i did the NC thing and it worked. But then i stared going out and meeting new people and now I dont want to get back together w/ him. I just want to be friends. But there were some ugly parts "I want my bracelt that i gave you back" "I'm going to do this and that" But i think time heals all wounds

My first long relationship didn't end too terrible and now we are starting up a friendship again. (about 2 years after)

My ex-ex is a good person though, I always knew that.

My current ex relationship ended ugly and continues to be ugly and will probably always be ugly. When I think of him I will probably just think about what a rotten piece of manure he is. At this point in time, I think he is despicable and not worth wiping my feet on. I could never be friends with him or have a civil conversation with him again - I now realize. He's too hypocritical and liar/exaggerator. He's a total narcissist.

My good ex and my bad ex are completely different types of people. In hindsight, I would rather have someone like my ex-ex anyday. He is kind hearted and would do anything for anyone. The second would slit someone's throat in a heartbeat if it meant that he would get ahead.