Why my ex couldn't look at me?

groundbreaker

I had dated this girl for 5 years.

She has some addiction problems, and we broke up because I was "controlling". Basically we only fought when it came to the addiction and I told her she could stop if she wanted to. I was controlling because I didn't want her to continue using. I never said what she could or couldn't do except the drugs.

Anyway after we broke up she started dating a junky shortly after. We had talked one time about the break up and she left saying "nothing go resolved' and "I guess we'll be talking soon." She even told me I was an amazing boyfriend and she still loved me.

4 months had gone by and she never contacted me again. Found out she broke up with this junky and started dating another guy which I think has also ended.

I saw her at the gas station and she looked sad, I know she saw me and she purposely wouldn't look my way at all. I've lost 40lbs look great and feel great.

Prior to running into her I notice she was stalking me on FB.

What I'm wondering is why wouldn't she even look at me? No hello or anything not even eye contact.

I did send her a text the next day, saying Hi saw you at the gas station you looked great. I havent heard a response from her.

Edited by groundbreaker
TaraMaiden2

Leave her alone.

her shame and guilt speak volumes.

Don't contact her, and move on.

So she's a druggy who left you for a junkie and you lost 40 lbs and are feeling better than ever - I'm sure she's ashamed and embarrassed and broken right now.

If ever there was a reason to leave a failed relationship right where it stands..

You're in shape, looking good and healthy. Why not look for a new girl who's the same?

• Author
groundbreaker

I guess it bothers me that after 5 years of treating somebody good, she couldnt even look my way is kinda a let down.

I had dated this girl for 5 years.

She has some addiction problems, and we broke up because I was "controlling". Basically we only fought when it came to the addiction and I told her she could stop if she wanted to. I was controlling because I didn't want her to continue using. I never said what she could or couldn't do except the drugs.

Anyway after we broke up she started dating a junky shortly after. We had talked one time about the break up and she left saying "nothing go resolved' and "I guess we'll be talking soon." She even told me I was an amazing boyfriend and she still loved me.

4 months had gone by and she never contacted me again. Found out she broke up with this junky and started dating another guy which I think has also ended.

I saw her at the gas station and she looked sad, I know she saw me and she purposely wouldn't look my way at all. I've lost 40lbs look great and feel great.

Prior to running into her I notice she was stalking me on FB.

What I'm wondering is why wouldn't she even look at me? No hello or anything not even eye contact.

I did send her a text the next day, saying Hi saw you at the gas station you looked great. I havent heard a response from her.

Come on, Dude. Think about it. You really need me to answer that for you?

The reason she couldn't look at you is because she's ashamed. You were right. She left you for a junky and that didn't work out. She probably latched on to the next junkie and that didn't last. She starting to realize that you were the only guy that gave a damn about her. I think she realizes that if she viewed you as controlling, it because you didn't want to see her destroying her life. Doing things that weren't go for her; even dangerous. She waking up and pride and shame are getting in the way.

Why did you text her the next day? What was your immediate goal and what are you feeling about her now? Do you want to get back with her? Who cares why she didn't look at you. I think we all know the answer to that.