How to get the rest of my belongings

Hey guys, if you've followed I've gone through a break up recently. It was just one where we grew apart and she said she needed to be alone because she is confused and doesn't know what she wants. Yes, I'm beat up and hoping it could fix itself.

Anyways, I still have some things at her house, and I guess I need to get them. Been doing NC all week, and haven't heard from her. Do I text to just tell her to put them somewhere and I'll come get them? Do I want to see her? Yes I do, but I know what it would do to me (and I can't take the chance even if seeing her would help us). This sucks, but I don't want it to suck anymore, so what do I do? How might she take it by me saying just put them somewhere and avoid seeing her? Thanks, as always.

Tricky situation.

My suggestion is to contact her, keep it really straight to the point and have a friend pick it up.

Depends on if it's stuff you can't live without, my gf and I broke up 2 months ago and haven't talked since , her friend texted me asking for some petty $hit back , things she didn't care about for years that I bought now she wants them back? I don't think so I'm not ready to play mr nice guy.. So you have to ask is it stuff you can live without and chalk it up as a loss, or is it family air looms ?

• Author

Yes, it's very tricky. I want to see her worse than anything, but I hate breaching NC. There are some things there that I would really like to have back, though. I'm thinking just a simple text saying you can just leave my stuff somewhere and I'll come get it.

Yes, it's very tricky. I want to see her worse than anything, but I hate breaching NC. There are some things there that I would really like to have back, though. I'm thinking just a simple text saying you can just leave my stuff somewhere and I'll come get it.
if that's what you wanna do . Just don't wait 2 month then ask for stupid $hit back is all
  • Author

I just hate breaking the no contact. I've never been able to make it a week EVER in the past.

I just hate breaking the no contact. I've never been able to make it a week EVER in the past.
that's why I asked if it was stuff you can live without.. I left a few things that I forgot about that I would want back , but I didn't wanna break the nc so I chalked it up as a loss

You will always find a reason to contact her.

My engagement ring is still with my cheating ex and I tried to contact her several times about it but the truth is, I just wanted to have a conversation with her.

I didn't want to let go and she kept on hurting me to a point that I just don't care anymore about the ring.

It really depends on you, mate. Good luck!

lolablue17

Texting her "you can just leave my stuff somewhere and I'll come get it" is not really breaking NC. It's even the opposite.

It means that the twilight period is over. She may not know what she wants, but you don't really care, You know what you want - you just want your stuff and bye for ever.

• Author

Lola, you are right. I feel like it is just saying "I don't want to see you. I just want my things." It's a double-edged sword. I was wondering if it would be a detrimental thing to NC.

TaraMaiden2

Do you have a mutual friend who could call her and tell her s/he will come round to pick up your stuff on your behalf?

Get them to ring her, and say they've been asked to come round and collect...

If you can remember the important stuff, give your mutual buddy a list of the stuff there, you want picked up....

Then let your buddy arrange a convenient date in the very near future.

Your ex's opinion of this tactic is irrelevant and unimportant.

Don't care about it, just get your stuff back.

lolablue17
Lola, you are right. I feel like it is just saying "I don't want to see you. I just want my things." It's a double-edged sword. I was wondering if it would be a detrimental thing to NC.

It is definitely a declaration says "We're done for good". It's not in any way can be or be interpreted as a detrimental thing to NC.